How To Reset 2FA On Crypto.com?
Steps to Reset 2FA on Crypto.com:
- To begin with, you will have to use your credentials and then sign in to your exchange account.
- You will now have to hover to the dashboard icon present under the settings option.
- On the dashboard, you will have to look for the account password option, click on the toggle, and disable 2FA on the system.
- A confirmation to disable will appear on the system. You will receive an OTP through it.
- After this, you need to type your OTP in the box provided.
- When done, you will see the confirmation prompt that the 2FA is disabled on the system.
Other than this, you can also contact the support team to reset 2FA.
For this, you will have to record a video providing all these details:
- Your Full Name
- Request date
- Say “2FA Reset”
One thing that you will have to keep in mind while recording this video is to ensure that your torso’s upper part and face can be seen.
Also, make sure to compress the video and ensure to keep it under 40 MB.
- When your video will be verified, you will get an email on your registered email address. In your email, you will receive the link. Tap on the link.
- Now, after this, you will be redirected to the web page and then you will have to sign in again to the application to complete the reset.
When you reset the authenticator settings, the 2FA will be disabled on the Crypto.com app and exchange account as well.
Also, if you wish to prevent the account, you will have to delete any authentication key previously enabled on your account.
However, there are times when you may encounter “2fa crypto.com not working”, in such situations, you will have to consult the support team.
Also Read: How to Setup 2FA on Crypto.com App?
How Long Does It Take To Reset 2FA On Crypto Com?
Another thing that most people are concerned about is how long does it take to reset 2FA on crypto.com.
Crypto.com takes up to 72 hours to fully reset 2FA on crypto com.
Whatever way you are using to reset 2FA, you will have to wait for 48 to 72 hours to start using your account again.
Also, you must know that you will have to log in to your account again to set up two-factor authentication again on the system.
How To Secure Your Crypto.com Account?
Now, other than using the 2FA, there are other steps that you can follow to secure your account.
Here are the relevant steps.
Steps to Secure Your Crypto.com Account:
Step 1: First, you will have to update the Crypto.com app to the latest version.
Step 2: You will then have to use only a trusted device to log in to your account.
Step 3: When done, tap on the option to enable the 2FA security.
Step 4: Now, you will have to ensure that you have kept all the account credentials safe.
Step 5: Also, make sure not to allow access to the device from any device.
Step 6: Lastly, if you notice any kind of suspicious activity on your account, you need to contact the support team immediately.
Also Read: Is Crypto.com Coin (CRO) A Good Investment?
Crypto.com 2FA Not Working
The following list contains possible reasons for the lack of access to a site:
1. Incorrect Username Or Password
2. Crypto.com Is Upgrading Their System
It may possible that Crypto.com team upgrading their website or Crypto.com App.
That time You will not be apple to access Crypto.com.
Regarding this, you may also get an email in advance so check your inbox or spam folder.
3. The Crypto.com Website Is Hacked
If you do not know why exactly the site is no longer accessible, then it may be that its security system has been compromised by intruders who caused the blocking of such resources.
Another reason for this could also be a malfunction in the administrative panel.
4. You Entered Incorrect Details Too Many Times
In the case where there is no access to a site, and you are sure that your username and password are correct, but still cannot log in to the wallet it may be caused by the fact that you have entered incorrect details too many times.
To avoid this, make sure you do not use capital letters or special symbols when entering login data.
5. Your IP Is Blacklisted
If you often use VPN, Tor or any other anonymizing service, then your IP address may be included in the “black” list on the server. In this case, it will not be possible to connect to the wallet unless you change your IP address. Read more about how to do this here.
6. A Large Number Of Unsuccessful Login Attempts
Restrictive systems block access to the site for a certain period after an incorrect password was entered 5 or more times in a row.
For example, if you do not know your PIN code and keep entering it incorrectly, then the wallet will be blocked, and you will need to wait until the administrator removes this lock or provides you with some other means of contacting him.
Two-factor authentication will only help you to keep your Cryto.com account safer and will make it difficult for any intruder to access your account.
In this post, we have tried explaining to you how to set up 2FA on Crypto.com App and how long does it take to reset 2FA on Crypto.com.
We hope that our efforts were beneficial for you.