Okta is a software that helps you to access all the apps securely (None of your data is at risk while you are visiting some app). Through this software, all your company’s and employees’ data and history are safe and secured. It is a protection software.
General Dynamics Information Technology is based on SSO technology (Single Sign in) technology to make work easier. SSO means you have to just sign in once and you can access the apps again without signing in again.
It makes things easier by allowing you to access any website / Application from the Okta dashboard simply and securely. No one can hack your data when you are visiting the same site again or any other site. You can access all the apps through Okta.
You don’t have to log in again and again for various apps. Once you have logged in through your Okta account you don’t have to log in again.
You will be automatically logged in once you click on the app on your Okta dashboard. You just have to log in to your Okta account and the rest is automatic login due to Okta’s SSO technology.
So, now you must be wondering how to log in to the Okta account. It is a simple procedure. Further in the article, I’ll explain to you how to log in to the Okta.
GDIT Okta Login
Steps to login into GDIT Okta:
- Sign in to your organization’s app / Website to access okta protected apps.
- In google chrome, Type the URL of your organization like / / sample. okta . com.
- You will be directed to the Okta login home page
- Enter your user Id (Company name . Okta) and password.
- Click on login.
- You will be directed to your Okta dashboard.
- If your windows or MacOS is preset up to sign in through Okta fast pass then you can sign in through your browser’s incognito mode.
- It will work as you are signing in with a normal browser.
GDIT Okta Registration
You cannot create your account directly on Okta. Your company will have to start the process for you.
- Give your details to the company.
- They will send you an okta activation mail.
- This mail has a link to your company’s sign-in page and your user Id.
- Click on the link and enter the user Id.
- You will be directed to a page where you need to fill in details to set up your Okta account.
- After filling in your details, set the password and click on create an account.
- Your Okta account will be created.
- If you have not received the activation mail then contact your company’s administrator.
How Do I Get An Okta Barcode?
- Open your okta activation email sent by your company.
- Click on the link.
- An okta login page will open.
- Enter your Login credentials (User Id and password) and sign in to your Okta account.
- According to your company’s requirements set up, your Okta Verify by Multifactor authentication or other security methods.
- After setting up your verification select the android checkbox for your device type.
- Click next
- Download and Install the Okta Verify app on your mobile phone.
- Open the Okta Verify app and follow the prompted instructions.
- Tap on add account option.
- Choose the type of account.
- Choose an organization or other option for the company and personal purpose respectively.
- In the app, tap on scan a QR code and scan the QR displayed on the browser.
- This QR is available on your laptop when you have verified your account on Okta verify.
- A message will prompt that your Okta account is added.
- You got your Okta account bar code.
What To Do If I Don’t Know My Okta User Id?
If you don’t know your user Id then you can contact the helpdesk of your respective company who set up your Okta account in the first place. Your company sets up your Okta account. So,
- Contact your help desk.
- Give them your details as asked.
- They will fill in your details and search in their software database.
- Within a few minutes, they will give you your User Id.
- Now, you can Log in to your Okta account provided that you remember your password.
- If you don’t remember your password then don’t worry. We have got your back. Further, in this article, you will find how to reset the password if you don’t know it.
How Do I Reset The Password For My Okta Account?
If you have forgotten your Okta account password then,
- Click on the Forgot password option in the bottom half of the login page.
- A new page will open through the link of the forgotten password.
- Since you have put your User Id it would automatically direct you to a page where you can reset your password.
- If the link is not there then contact your company’s Okta-related helpdesk.
How Do I Transfer Okta To My New Phone?
Okta registers the device from which you have created the account. The account is tied to the device and Okta Verify application.
So Replacement of phone means you have to re-enroll the account. First, you have to remove the account from the existing device and then log in to it through another device. Because Okta supports an account from one device only.
- Log in to your Okta account through your old device by using the sign-in link in your Email id.
- Click on your name on the home page/dashboard.
- Select the settings option.
- Scroll down and you will see an option to remove.
- Your current device will be removed.
- Download and Install the Okta Verify app on your new device.
- Now, click on the activation link sent by your company.
- Log in and set up your Okta Verify account.
- Now, Your account is registered with your new device.
It is the latest digital software that helps to access all the apps without leaking any of your data. All your data is secured and all the apps are accessible through the Okta dashboard.