Whataburger has a useful mobile ordering option for quicker and easier food ordering.
The Whataburger app can sometimes have problems, like any other technology.
One issue users might see is the “System Error Occurred” message, but this article helps explain why it happens and how to fix it.
What Causes “System Error Occurred” On Whataburger App?
The “System Error Occurred” in the Whataburger application can occur due to network connectivity problems, preventing communication between the application and its server.
This error may also be caused by server-related issues on Whataburger’s end.
The potential causes of this issue are compounded by the presence of corrupted or excessive cache and data within the app, as well as the existence of outdated app or operating system versions.
Luckily, we were able to find some workarounds that might help you fix this issue.
If these workarounds do not resolve the problem, it is recommended that you contact the support team for further assistance.
How To Fix “System Error Occurred” On Whataburger App?
If you encounter this issue, there are several potential solutions that could assist in resolving it:
1. Check Your Internet Connection
If you see the “System Error Occurred” message on Whataburger, it’s usually because of internet problems.
Make sure your device is connected to the internet and that the connection is strong.
Here Are The Steps To Check Your Internet connection:
- Turn off your router or modem, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
- If the problem persists, you can reset your network settings on your device. Go to the network settings menu and look for an option to reset or restart network settings.
- If you’re using Wi-Fi, try switching to a wired connection to rule out any potential wireless issues.
- Restart your router or modem to refresh the connection.
2. Check The Server Status
Check the server status to see if Whataburger has any issues, such as maintenance or technical problems.
In case the server is down for some reason, it is recommended that you wait for some time and then try again later.
3. Log Out Then Log Back In
At times, this issue might be temporary, and a straightforward solution involves logging out of your account and subsequently logging back in.
This process can help refresh the app’s connection and data, potentially resolving the “System Error Occurred” on the Whataburger app.
4. Check For Updates
Make sure your Whataburger app is the newest version.
Visit the app store and see if there’s an update for the app that you can install.
5. Check For A System Update
Also, check if a system update is available for your device.
This step can help ensure that everything runs smoothly with the app and resolve the “System Error Occurred” issue.
Steps To check for system updates on Android:
- Open the Settings app on your Android device.
- Scroll down and tap on “System” or “About phone”.
- Look for the “System updates” option and tap on it.
- Your device will check for any available updates. If an update is available, you will be prompted to download and install it.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
Steps To check for system updates on iOS:
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Scroll down and tap on “General”.
- Tap on “Software Update”.
- Your device will check for any available updates. If an update is available, you will see a description of the update and an option to “Download and Install”.
- Tap on “Download and Install” to begin the update process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
6. Use A VPN
If you see a “System Error Occurred” on the Whataburger app, it might be due to bad internet or server issues, old software, or messed-up temporary data.
Connecting to an IP address using a VPN might help fix internet-related reasons for the error.
7. Clear Cache And Data
Sometimes, the cache and data stored in the Whataburger application can become corrupted, leading to issues like “System Error Occurred.”
Try clearing the cache and data, and then check if the issue has been resolved.
Steps To Clear Cache and data on Android:
- Open Settings > Apps.
- Find and tap on the Whataburger app.
- Tap on “Storage” or “Storage & Cache.”
- Select “Clear cache” to remove temporary files.
- Optionally, you can tap on “Clear data” to delete all app data, including settings.
Steps To Clear Cache and Data on iOS:
- Open Settings and go to the list of installed apps.
- Locate and tap on the Whataburger app.
- Choose “Offload App” or “Delete App” to remove it.
- Visit the App Store and reinstall the Whataburger app.
- Launch the app, log in, and the cache and data will be cleared during reinstallation.
8. Uninstall And Reinstall
If the above steps do not work, try uninstalling the app from your device and then reinstalling it from your app store.
After reinstalling the Whataburger app, check if the issue of “System Error Occurred” still exists or not.
9. Contact Whataburger Support
If the other fixes don’t help, contact Whataburger’s customer support.
They’ll give you the right help for your situation.