Starfield, the super exciting space exploration game from Bethesda Game Studios, is causing quite a buzz in the gaming world.
But, like many games, it has its technical problems.
One common issue is the “Starfield unlock command not working.”
In this article, we’ll explain why this happens and offer solutions to get you back to exploring space smoothly.
Why Is Starfield Unlock Command Not Working?
The Starfield unlock command is a game feature that lets players open doors, containers, and computers.
The Starfield unlock command doesn’t work because the game console can’t recognize the target correctly.
So, even if you click on the right door to unlock, the console might not get it right.
This issue has been reported by many users, suggesting that there is a bug causing this problem.
This can be annoying for players who depend on this command to advance in the game.
But, don’t worry, there are some steps you can follow to try and solve this issue.
You can zoom in on the door and double-check that you’re typing the command correctly.
How To Fix Starfield Unlock Command Not Working?
If the unlock command is not working for you, here are some suggestions that can help you resolve the issue:
1. Zoom Into The Door And Unlock
Many Starfield players are facing this problem, hinting that it might be a part of the game’s development issue.
But, for now, players dealing with this can look into possible solutions to get the unlock command working in Starfield again.
If the Starfield unlock command isn’t working for you, here are some steps to help you fix the issue:
- Open the console.
- Click on the specific door you wish to unlock.
- Use the mouse wheel to zoom in on the door.
- Type “unlock” (without quotes) into the console and press Enter.
2. Check For Starfield Updates
The issue often happens because of outdated game files or unresolved bugs that the game developers have fixed with updates.
To fix this problem, make sure you update your game to the latest version available.
Steps for checking for updates for Starfield on Steam:
- Open the Steam client on your computer.
- Click on the “Library” tab.
- Find Starfield in your list of games.
- If there is an update available, it should automatically start downloading.
- If there is no update available, you can try restarting Steam or your computer to see if that triggers an update.
Steps for checking for updates for Starfield on Xbox:
- Turn on your Xbox console.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
- Navigate to “Profile & System” and select “Settings”.
- Select “System” and then “Updates“.
- If there is an update available for Starfield, it should be listed here.
- Follow the prompts to download and install the update.
3. Contact Starfield Support
If the steps mentioned above don’t work, you can try more troubleshooting or seek help from the Starfield community.
They can provide you with specific guidance to resolve the problem.