RuneScape is a popular online multiplayer game enjoyed by millions of players worldwide.
However, sometimes players encounter an error message stating, “RuneScape could not be launched due to a network issue.”
The full error message typically reads: “RuneScape could not be launched due to a network issue. Please try again later.”
In this article, we will explore the possible causes behind this network issue and provide simple solutions to help you get back into the game.
What Causes RuneScape Could Not Be Launched Due To A Network Issue?
The error message “RuneScape could not be launched due to a network issue” can happen for a few reasons.
One possible cause is having a poor or unreliable internet connection, which can interrupt the game’s connection to the network.
Another reason could be that your computer’s firewall or antivirus settings are too strict and mistakenly blocking RuneScape from accessing the internet.
Issues with the DNS settings or having an outdated DNS cache can also get in the way of the game connecting to the RuneScape servers.
Lastly, problems on the server side, like maintenance or outages, can stop the game from starting correctly.
How To Fix RuneScape Could Not Be Launched Due To A Network Issue?
To resolve the RuneScape network issue, follow these steps:
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Ensure that your internet connection is stable and working properly.
Here are the steps to Check your internet connection for the provided
- Turn off your router or modem, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
- If the problem persists, you can reset your network settings on your device. Go to the network settings menu and look for an option to reset or restart network settings.
- If you’re using Wi-Fi, try switching to a wired connection to rule out any potential wireless issues.
- Restart your router or modem to refresh the connection.
2. Disable Firewall Or Antivirus Temporarily
If you’re encountering the “RuneScape could not be launched due to a network issue” error, you can try turning off your firewall or antivirus software for a short time.
These programs might be wrongly preventing RuneScape from connecting to the internet.
To temporarily disable your antivirus software’s firewall, locate the antivirus program on your computer, open its settings, and disable the firewall feature.
To temporarily disable the firewall on your computer, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Search for “Windows Defender Firewall” or “Firewall.”
- Select the appropriate network profile.
- Choose the option to turn off the firewall for the selected profile.
- Save the changes and exit the settings.
3. Flush The DNS Cache
Sometimes a corrupted DNS cache stored on your device might interfere with RuneScape and cause a network issue.
Clearing the DNS cache can help resolve this problem and allow RuneScape to launch successfully.
To flush the DNS cache on your computer, follow these steps:
- Open the Command Prompt on your computer by searching for “Command Prompt” in the Start menu.
- In the Command Prompt window, type “ipconfig /flushdns” and press Enter.
- Wait for the command to execute and complete the process of flushing the DNS cache.
- Once the process is finished, close the Command Prompt.
4. Reset The WINSOCK, IPv4 TCP/IP, And IPv6 TCP/IP
If you reset the WINSOCK, IPv4 TCP/IP, and IPv6 TCP/IP stack, it can fix problems with your network settings and help you connect to RuneScape.
To reset the WINSOCK, IPv4 TCP/IP, and IPv6 TCP/IP stack by following these steps:
- Click on the Start button and search for “cmd” in the search box.
- Right-click on “Command Prompt” and select “Run as Administrator” to open an elevated Command Prompt.
- In the Command Prompt window, type the following commands one by one, pressing Enter after each command: “netsh winsock reset catalog”, “netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log” & “netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log”
- Wait for each command to execute and complete the reset process.
5. Contact RuneScape Support
If you have followed the troubleshooting steps mentioned above and are still experiencing the network issue on RuneScape, it is recommended to reach out to RuneScape’s support team for further assistance.
- How To Fix “The Web Server Is Not Reachable Please Try Again In A Few Minutes” On Runescape
- How To Fix “Network Issue” On Jagex Launcher
- How To Fix “An Error Occurred While Trying To Connect To The Albion Servers” On Albion Online
- How To Fix “Steam Connection Error” In Counter-Strike 2 (CS2)
- How To Fix Network Connection Lost On Remnant 2