FiveM is a widely used tool that lets people customize and play together in their own special versions of Grand Theft Auto V.
In multiplayer games, push-to-talk (PTT) is crucial for effective communication, reducing background noise.
But some FiveM users may face issues with PTT not working properly.
This article explores possible reasons and offers troubleshooting steps to fix it.
Why Is FiveM Push To Talk Not Working?
There are several reasons why push-to-talk might not work in FiveM. First, users should check if the feature is enabled in the settings.
Incorrect or disabled key binds can also cause issues. Technical problems with the application or servers may disrupt push-to-talk. Lastly, a corrupted cache could interfere with push-to-talk functionality in FiveM.
Luckily, we were able to find some workarounds that might help you fix this issue.
If these workarounds do not resolve the problem, it is recommended that you contact the support team for further assistance.
How To Fix FiveM Push To Talk Not Working?
If you’re experiencing issues with push-to-talk in FiveM and it’s not working as expected, there are several fixes you can try to resolve the problem. Here are some possible solutions:
1. Verify Keybinds
To fix the issue with push-to-talk not working as expected, start by checking keybindings in both FiveM and other applications or system settings.
Make sure the push-to-talk key is unique and not assigned to any other function.
2. Enable Push-To-Talk
If you are facing issues with FiveM push-to-talk not working, make sure that the push-to-talk feature is enabled in the settings.
Navigate to the voice chat or audio settings section and ensure that the push-to-talk option is turned ON.
This straightforward step could potentially resolve the problem and allow you to communicate effectively with other players in FiveM.
Here are steps for enabling Push-To-Talk:
- Navigate to the “Settings” option.
- Look for a section related to voice chat. This might be labeled as “Voice Chat Mode”.
- Confirm that the voice chat option is Push-To-Talk. If it is disabled, toggle it on.
- Apply the changes and exit the settings menu.
3. Add Secondary Key Bind
To improve push-to-talk functionality, consider adding a secondary key bind as an alternative trigger.
This can help bypass any conflicts or problems causing the primary key bind to malfunction.
Once you’ve made this adjustment, test the push-to-talk feature in FiveM.
Check both the primary and secondary key binds to ensure that voice chat is now functioning correctly.
This should help resolve the issue.
Here are the steps to add a secondary key bind:
- Navigate to the “Settings” option.
- Look for a section related to voice chat.
- Navigate to the keybinds section.
- Click on the key bind to edit it and add a secondary key bind
4. Verify The Game File
If you’re experiencing push-to-talks in FiveM, you can try fixing them by verifying the game files for GTA V on Steam.
This process can find and fix any corrupted or missing game files that may be causing issues.
Here are the steps to verify the game file on Steam:
- Open the Steam client on your computer.
- Navigate to your game library and locate Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V).
- Right-click on GTA V and select “Properties” from the context menu.
- In the Properties window, go to the “Local Files” tab.
- Click on the “Verify Integrity of Game Files” button.
- Steam will now check the game files for any discrepancies and automatically download and replace any corrupted or missing files.
- Once the verification process is complete, restart your computer and launch GTA V through Steam.
5. Clear FiveM Cache
Sometimes, the cache stored on your device can become corrupted and cause issues with the microphone.
Try clearing the FiveM cache, and then check if the issue has been resolved or not.
To clear the FiveM cache on your device, follow these steps:
- Close the FiveM client completely.
- Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialogue box.
- Type “%localappdata%” (without quotes) in the Run dialogue box and press Enter. This will open the Local AppData folder.
- Locate and open the “FiveM” folder.
- Inside the FiveM folder, you should see a “cache” folder. Right-click on the cache folder and select “Delete” from the context menu.
- Confirm the deletion when prompted.
- Once the cache folder is deleted, you can restart the FiveM client.
6. Uninstall And Reinstall The FiveM
Try uninstalling it from your device and then reinstalling it from the official website.
After reinstalling, check if the issue with the voice chat has been resolved or not.
Here are the steps to uninstall and reinstall the FiveM on your device:
- Press the Windows key + “I” to open the Settings menu.
- Go to “Apps” or “Apps & features” in the Settings menu.
- In the search bar, type “FiveM” to locate the FiveM application.
- Once you find FiveM in the list, click on it to select it.
- Click on the three dots button, usually located next to the app’s name.
- From the dropdown menu, choose “Uninstall” to remove FiveM from your PC.
- Download the FiveM installation file from the official website.
- Once the download is complete, locate the file and run it to install FiveM on your PC.
7. Contact FiveM Support
If none of the above-mentioned solutions has worked for you, it is recommended that you contact FiveM support.
FiveM has a dedicated team available to assist you in troubleshooting and resolving any technical issues.