Plenty of Fish (POF) is really popular because it’s easy to use and lots of different people use it.
You can search for other users by their usernames, which is one of the features of POF.
But sometimes, this username search doesn’t work like it should, and that can make people feel annoyed.
In this article, we’ll look at why this happens and give you ways to solve the problem and make the username search on POF work again.
Why Is The POF Username Search Not Working?
Why the POF username search doesn’t work for everyone is a bit unclear.
For some users, it’s just not working, but others have figured out ways to use it.
It might be due to technical problems on the website, or some devices and browsers not getting along well with it.
Plus, some users have not been happy with how the app and search feature actually work.
As of now, while writing this article, there is no official statement from POF explaining why it occurs in the first place.
How To Fix POF Username Search Not Working?
If you’re not able to search for usernames on POF, here are some workarounds that might be able to fix this issue for you:
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Before you do anything, make sure your internet is working well.
If your internet is slow or not working, you might see messages like “username search not working” on POF.
Here are the steps to Check your internet connection:
- Turn off your router or modem, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
- If the problem persists, you can reset your network settings on your device. Go to the network settings menu and look for an option to reset or restart network settings.
- Try connecting your device to a different Wi-Fi network or switch to a cellular data network to see if the issue is specific to your current network.
- If possible, try connecting to the internet using a different device, such as a smartphone or tablet, to see if the issue is specific to your device.
2. Check For POF App Update
To prevent problems like “Username Search Not Working,” always use the newest POF app version.
Keep an eye on your app store for updates and install them quickly to avoid any issues.
3. Use A Different Device Or Browser
If you can’t search on POF using one device or browser, try using a different device or browser.
This will help you figure out if this error is specific to the application or browser.
4. Clear Cache And Data Of POF
Sometimes, the cache and data stored in your POF app can get corrupted and cause the username search to not work right.
You can try fixing this by clearing the app’s cache and data.
Give it a shot and see if it helps with the problem you’re having.
Here are the steps to clear the cache and data on your device.
Steps to clear cache and data on Android:
- Open Settings > Apps.
- Find and tap on the POF app.
- Tap on “Storage” or “Storage & cache.”
- Select “Clear cache” to remove temporary files.
- Optionally, you can tap on “Clear data” to delete all app data, including settings.
Steps to clear cache and data on iOS:
- Open Settings and go to the list of installed apps.
- Locate and tap on the POF app.
- Choose “Offload App” or “Delete App” to remove it.
- Visit the App Store and reinstall the POF app.
- Launch the app, log in, and the cache and data will be cleared during reinstallation.
5. Uninstall And Reinstall
If the problem continues, Uninstall POF from your device and get it installed again from the app store.
Once you’ve done that, see if the issue is fixed.
6. Contact POF Support
If the things you tried didn’t work, it’s a good idea to ask POF support for help.
They have experts who can give you the right advice for your situation.