Muse Dash, a popular rhythm game known for its vibrant visuals and catchy music, has garnered a dedicated fanbase worldwide.
However, like any other software, it is not uncommon for users to encounter technical issues.
Two prevalent problems reported by Muse Dash players are the game not working altogether or displaying a black screen upon launching.
In this article, we will explore the possible reasons behind these issues and provide solutions to help resolve them.
Why Is Muse Dash Not Working Or Displaying A Black Screen?
There are multiple factors that can contribute to the issue of Muse Dash not working or displaying a black screen.
Let’s explore and elaborate on some of these potential reasons:
1. Outdated Graphics Driver
One of the common culprits behind Muse Dash’s performance issues is outdated or incompatible graphics drivers.
These drivers are crucial for the game to communicate with your computer’s hardware and render the graphics properly.
If the drivers are not up to date, it may result in the game not launching or displaying a black screen.
2. Corrupted Game Files
If Muse Dash’s installation files or game data become corrupted or incomplete, it can prevent the game from launching correctly or displaying anything but a black screen.
This issue may occur due to interrupted downloads, improper installations, or malware infections.
3. Conflicting Programs Or Antivirus
Sometimes, certain software or antivirus programs can interfere with Muse Dash’s operations, causing it to malfunction.
These conflicts often arise due to security measures or background processes that clash with the game’s functioning, resulting in issues such as a black screen.
How To Fix Muse Dash Not Working Or Displaying A Black Screen?
Here are some possible fixes that can help you resolve the issue:
1. Update Graphics Drivers
Graphics drivers play a crucial role in rendering the game’s visuals and enabling smooth gameplay.
By updating your graphics drivers to the latest version provided by your graphics card manufacturer, you ensure that Muse Dash can communicate effectively with your hardware and display the game correctly.
To update your graphics drivers:
- Identify your graphics card brand and model.
- Visit the manufacturer’s website.
- Find the drivers or support section.
- Locate the latest driver for your graphics card and operating system.
- Download and run the driver installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
- Restart your computer.
- Confirm the successful installation of the updated drivers.
2. Quit Steam And Restart
If you are playing Muse Dash through the Steam platform, try quitting Steam completely and then relaunching it.
Sometimes, restarting Steam can resolve temporary glitches that might be causing the black screen or game not working issue.
3. Delete Muse Dash App Cache
The app cache consists of temporary files that the game stores on your device.
Sometimes, these files can become corrupted or contain conflicting data, leading to issues with the game’s performance.
Below are the steps to delete the app cache on different platforms:
To clear the app cache for Steam and Muse Dash:
- Press Windows key + E to open File Explorer.
- Go to the Steam directory: Windows (C:) > Program Files (×86) > Steam.
- Make a backup of the app cache folder by copying and pasting it to a safe location.
- Delete the app cache folder in the Steam directory.
- Restart Steam and launch Muse Dash.
- If everything works well, you can delete the original backup app cache folder, as a new one will be created
Steps For Android:
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android device.
- Scroll down and select “Apps” or “Applications.”
- Locate and tap on “Muse Dash” from the list of installed apps.
- Tap on “Storage” or “Storage & cache.”
- Select “Clear cache” or “Clear app cache” to delete the app cache for Muse Dash.
- Confirm the action if prompted.
- Launch Muse Dash again and check if the issue is resolved.
Steps For iOS:
- Go to iPhone settings.
- Go to General.
- Find Muse Dash App and click on that.
- Tap on the Offload App button.
- Again Reinstall the Muse Dash app.
4. Participate In The Steam Client Beta
If you are using the Steam client, you can try participating in the Steam Client Beta program.
This allows you to access the latest updates and fixes before they are officially released.
To participate in the Steam Client Beta program, follow these steps:
- Open the Steam client on your computer.
- Click on “Steam” in the top-left corner of the client’s window.
- From the dropdown menu, select “Settings.”
- In the Settings window, navigate to the “Account” tab.
- Under the “Beta Participation” section, click on the “Change” button.
- A dialogue box will appear with a list of available beta participation options.
- Select the “Steam Beta Update” option from the list.
- Click “OK” to confirm your selection.
- Steam will now update to the beta version.
- Wait for the update to complete and restart Steam if necessary.
- You are now participating in the Steam Client Beta program.
5. Uninstall And Reinstall Muse Dash
If none of the above steps has resolved the issue, you can try uninstalling Muse Dash completely and then reinstalling it.
This process helps ensure a clean installation of the game, removing any potentially corrupted or conflicting files that might be causing the problem.
6. Contact Muse Dash Support
If the problem still persists after trying all the above steps, it is advisable to reach out to the official support channels for Muse Dash.
You can Contact Muse Dash on Twitter.