Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) is a popular first-person shooter game that was released in 2011.
Despite being almost a decade old, many players still enjoy playing the game and discovering new strategies and challenges.
However, some players have reported a frustrating bug that affects their gameplay experience: the Small Gun Scope Bug.
This bug causes the scope on certain guns to appear smaller than usual, making it difficult to aim and shoot accurately.
In this blog post, we will explore the causes of the Small Gun Scope Bug and provide several solutions to fix it.
How To Fix Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) Small Gun Scope Bug
1. Close And Restart The Game
Sometimes, the Small Gun Scope Bug can be fixed by simply closing the game and restarting it.
This may provide a temporary solution to the problem.
- Press the “Esc” key to exit the game.
- Restart the game by clicking on the MW3 icon on your desktop or in your Steam library.
2. Change The FOV Setting
Another possible solution is to change the field of view (FOV) setting in the game. This can be done by going to the settings menu and adjusting the FOV slider.
Increasing the FOV may make the scope appear larger and easier to use.
- Launch the game and go to the options menu.
- Click on “Graphics” and then “Advanced”.
- Look for the “Field of View” slider and adjust it to your preference.
- Click “Apply” and then “Save”.
3. Use A Different Gun
If the Small Gun Scope Bug persists with a particular gun, try switching to a different gun that does not have the same bug.
This may require some experimentation to find a gun that works well for your play style.
- Go to the “Create a Class” menu.
- Choose a different gun that does not have the Small Gun Scope Bug.
- Customize your loadout as desired and start a new game.
4. Update The Game
Make sure that you have the latest version of MW3 installed. Developers often release patches and updates that fix bugs and improve gameplay.
Check for updates and install them if they are available.
- Launch Steam and go to your library.
- Right-click on Modern Warfare 3 and select “Properties”.
- Click on the “Updates” tab and make sure that “Always keep this game up to date” is selected.
- If there are any updates available, Steam will automatically download and install them.
5. Reinstall The Game
As a last resort, you can try reinstalling the game.
This may fix any corrupted or missing files that are causing the Small Gun Scope Bug.
Make sure to back up any saved games or settings before reinstalling the game.
- Uninstall MW3 from your computer by going to the Control Panel and selecting “Uninstall a program”.
- Download the game again from Steam or a physical copy if you have one.
- Install the game and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the game is installed, launch it and customize your settings as desired.
- How To Fix Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 FOV Bug
- How To Fix MW2 Spotter Scope Not Working
- How To Fix Modern Warfare 3 Error Code 0x00001338 (12005)N
- How To Fix Modern Warfare 3 Error Code 0x00001338(12488)N
- How To Fix Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) Tactical Stance Not Working Or Tactical Stance Kills Not Counting