Are you facing trouble loading hCaptcha on your mobile device or computer? hCaptcha is a free service from Google that helps protect websites from spam and abuse.
hCaptcha is kind of a turning test to tell humans and bots apart.
If hCaptcha stops working or loading, then the site will not let you move forward.
In today’s times, almost all websites use hCaptcha to confirm that you are a human being.
Therefore, to move inside the webpage, you need to confirm that you are a human being and not an automated script or a robot.
However, recently, many users have been reporting that hCaptcha is not working or loading.
If you are also struggling with the same issue.
Then don’t worry.
In this guide, we will discuss why hCaptcha is not working and how to fix hCaptcha not working.
So, stay with us and resolve the issue by reviewing this article.
Why Is HCaptcha Not Working?
hCaptcha may not be working for several reasons.
These may include Browser Extensions, Network Issues, VPN or Proxy, Cookies and Cache, etc.
Below we have discussed all the reasons.
So, have a look at them:
- Slow or unstable internet connections can affect hCaptcha’s performance.
- Browser extensions, such as ad blockers or privacy plugins, can sometimes interfere with hCaptcha.
- hCaptcha is designed to work with most modern browsers, but using outdated or unsupported browsers may cause issues.
- Corrupted data or outdated cookies can cause issues with hCaptcha.
- If you’re using a VPN or proxy service, it might be affecting hCaptcha.
- Security software on your computer can sometimes interfere with hCaptcha.
How To Fix HCaptcha Not Working?
After looking at the reasons, you need to find the right cause that is causing trouble for you and fix the same.
Some of the major fixes are ensuring a good internet connection, disabling browser extensions, resetting the browser, and creating a new user profile, etc.
Find out about all the fixes below in detail to have a better understanding of the methods to be used in resolving the issue:
1. Ensure Good Internet Connection
Make sure you have a good and stable internet connection.
Slow connections can cause hCaptcha to freeze or load improperly.
If your mobile data speed to the WiFi network is slow then you may experience issues like these.
So, check your internet speed.
You can check the same by clicking here.
Also, try to switch from a mobile network to wifi or wifi to a mobile network.
2. Reset Your Browser
There are possibilities that the Settings of your web browser may be interfering with your web page’s functionalities, causing hCaptcha not to work.
You can fix this by resetting your web browser.
Below we have mentioned the major steps for the same:
- Click on the three dots at the top-right corner in Chrome and tap Settings.
- Choose Reset and Clean up in the left sidebar.
- Tap on Restore settings to their original defaults on the right and then click on Reset Settings in the prompt.
- Click on the three horizontal lines at the top-right corner of Firefox and choose Help > More troubleshooting information.
- Select Refresh Firefox on the right. Then select Refresh Firefox and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Open Edge, select the three dots at the top-right corner and choose Settings.
- Select Reset Settings on the left.
- Then click on Restore Settings on the right. Tap on Reset in the prompt.
3. Create A New User Profile
There may be some trouble with your profile.
In this case, you can make a new profile of yours and then try to enter into the website which you want to.
Follow these steps to make a new user profile:
For Windows, go to Settings > Accounts > Family & other users > Add someone else to this PC.
Fill in the required fields.
For Mac, go to Apple menu > System Settings/Preferences > Users & Groups > Add Account.
Select a user type, and then fill in the required fields.
Sign in to your new profile.
If hCaptcha works in your new profile, then surely there was some problem in your previous profile.
4. Disable The Ad Blocker
This can cause a problem because many websites must place an ad.
If it cannot display the ad, then hCaptcha will also not work properly.
In this case, you need to disable the ad blockers from your browser.
Below we have mentioned the steps for the same:
- Open the “Browser” that you are using.
- Click on the Ellipsis Icon (three dots).
- Next, hover on “Extensions” and click “Manage Extensions”.
- Here, disable all the add blockers by switching off the toggle button.
- Lastly, “Reload” your browser.
Remember we have mentioned the common steps for any browser.
The steps may vary from browser to browser.
5. Disable VPN Or Proxy Servers
If your VPN (Virtual Private Network) or proxy server is active, then there could be a possibility that they might be interfering with the operations and causing the above issue.
In such cases, you need to temporarily disable your VPN or proxy server.
Below here are the steps to disable VPN:
Steps to disable VPN on iOS (iPhone or iPad):
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on VPN.
- Toggle the switch next to the VPN connection to turn it off.
Steps to disable VPN on Android:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on Network & Internet > VPN.
- Tap on the VPN connection, then toggle the switch to turn it off.
6. Restart Your Internet Router
Sometimes the router might be causing trouble which leads to Captcha not working or loading up.
In this case, you need to reset your internet router.
Follow these steps to do the same:
- Find your internet router. The router may be provided by your internet service provider (ISP) or purchased separately.
- Press the Power button to turn off the router.
- Give it at least 10-15 seconds to ensure that the router is completely powered down.
- Press the Power button to turn it back on.
- Wait for the router to fully restart.
7. Change Your IP Address
Sometimes if you make too many attempts to get into a website, the service sometimes locks out your IP address.
When multiple attempts are made already, and next attempt may get you to an issue like this.
In this case, you need to change your IP address.
You can do the same by using a proxy server.
But remember this will change your geolocation too.
An alternative is to change your router’s IP address.
These are the steps to follow for the same:
- Enter your router’s IP address into a browser.
- Log in with your username and password.
- Click on Setup.
- Select Network Settings.
- Enter a different IP address under Router Settings. You can change one number or several.
- Save your settings.