Are you facing problems while changing the GroupMe profile picture? GroupMe has become a very popular free group messaging app. It’s a simple way to stay in touch with friends and family.
Even your friends without smartphones can join; add anyone from your address book, and they can jump right in and chat with the group. However, it has come out to be a great application. But it has been facing trouble from different aspects.
Among all those issues, one of the issues that users have been facing is trouble while changing their Groupme profile picture and it is causing restlessness in their minds. And if you are facing the same problem. Then don’t go anywhere.
In this guide, we will discuss why the Groupme profile picture is not changing and how to fix the same.
Why The Groupme Profile Picture Is Not Changing?
If your GroupMe profile picture is not changing, there could be a few reasons for this issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps that can help in finding the cause behind your problem. These are as follows:
- GroupMe has certain requirements for profile pictures in terms of size and format. If you are not following those requirements then you may not be able to change your profile picture in Groupme.
- Another possible reason could be that you are not changing your profile picture in the correct way as per the GroupMe app.
- If the image file you’re trying to upload is corrupted. This might be the reason behind the above issue.
- If your internet connection is slow or unstable, then due to low network connectivity you will face trouble while changing your Groupme profile picture.
- If your Groupme account is not verified then probably some features will not be available to you. Because of this, the issue may occur.
- The problem related to not changing the Groupme profile picture may arise when you have not updated the app for a long time.
- Sometimes, the issue might be on the GroupMe server side.
- Cache data can sometimes cause issues, and not clearing it affects the app’s functionality.
These are the few reasons that might cause the above issue. In this case, you need to find the right cause and fix the same. Below we have mentioned some of the major fixes that can help you in getting rid of this issue.
How To Fix Groupme Profile Picture Not Changing?
1. Check File Size And Format
GroupMe has certain requirements for profile pictures in terms of size and format. If you are not following those requirements then you may not be able to change your profile picture in Groupme.
Since GroupMe has limitations on the file size and format of profile pictures. Make sure your image meets these requirements:
- File size: Usually under 8 MB.
- Format: JPEG, PNG, or GIF.
2. Follow The Correct Method
If you are not following the correct way or method to change your profile picture in Groupme, then you may face difficulties in changing the profile picture.
To change your profile picture in the Groupme app, follow these steps:
- Open your GroupMe app.
- Reach out to your Profile Settings.
- Select your profile picture.
- Tap the Edit profile button to open your profile.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap the pencil next to your avatar (profile picture).
- You can select Take New Photo or Select saved photo to update your avatar (profile picture) with the image of your choice.
3. Check Your Image Is Not Damaged
If the image file you’re trying to upload is corrupted. This might be the reason that you are unable to change your GroupMe profile picture.
So, in this case, you need to check if the image file you’re trying to upload is not corrupted. Try opening the image on your device to ensure it’s not damaged.
4. Check Your Internet Connection
If your internet connection is slow or unstable, then due to low network connectivity you will face trouble while changing your Groupme profile picture.
Since the Groupme app uses an internet connection, make sure that you have a good internet connection.
You may be unable to continue to get trouble with notifications in the Groupme app if you do not have an internet connection.
Try switching off mobile data and switching to a Wi-Fi network instead. It is also needed that the Wi-Fi is placed near the device for better signal strength.
While experiencing a slow or no internet connection, it is suggested to reboot the Wi-Fi router. It depends on the internet usage and how often it is needed to reboot our Wi-Fi router. These are the steps to follow in restarting the Wi-Fi router:
- Simply switch off the router and unplug it from all the devices and power supply.
- Wait for 3 minutes and then plug it in again.
- Now wait for the signal to come back and connect to the internet through it.
Ensure that you have a stable and strong internet connection and adequate speed. If you have a strong internet connection then it’ll boost the performance of the app and help in removing the glitches.
5. Verify Your Groupme Account
If your Groupme account is not verified then probably some features will not be available to you. Because of this, the issue may occur.
In this case, follow these steps:
- Open your GroupMe app.
- Enter your email address on the login screen. And when verifying your Groupme account, you need to click on forget password.
- A verification code will be provided to you on the provided email address.
- Open that mail, and copy the code that is sent to you.
- Again come back to the Groupme login screen.
- Paste the text and then click on OK.
This process will help you in your Groupme account verification.
6. Update The Groupme App To Its Latest Version
The problem related to not changing the Groupme profile picture may arise when you have not updated the app for a long time.
Using an old or outdated version of the Groupme application will cause other related issues.
Also using the old or outdated version of the app leads to slow functioning which hints at pending updates of your application.
Therefore it becomes very important to check for any recent changes to ensure the apps’ smooth functioning.
For Android, go to Google Play>My Games & Apps>GroupMe. If you can find the Update button, tap it, and then, you’ll get the latest version of the app.
For iPhone, go to App Store>Groupme. If you can find the Update button, tap it, and then, you’ll get the latest version of the app.
7. Wait And Retry
And when the error is temporary due to server issues. Wait for a while and then try changing your profile picture again. Also, it may be possible that heavy traffic on the Groupme app or some technical glitch has arisen leading to trouble while processing.
It may be possible that the server is under maintenance or is facing unexpected failures. When many users are on the app at the same time the app may not fetch data and this may cause server downtime.
In this case, you have to wait for some time and try again later. You can check the server status of Groupme by clicking here.
8. Clear Groupme App Cache
If you are using the Groupme app on an Android device, there is a known issue in which the app might sometimes experience a problem with certain restaurants. To solve this problem, you need to clear the Groupme app’s data cache.
Clearing the Cache on Android:
- Go to “Settings” on your Android device.
- Scroll down and select “Apps”.
- Find and tap on the “Groupme” app.
- Then you will see options like “Storage” or “Storage & cache.” Tap on it.
- Look for the “Clear cache” button and tap on it to clear the app’s cache.
Clearing the Cache on iOS (iPhone/iPad):
- Go to the home screen of your iOS device.
- Find and tap on the “Settings” app.
- Scroll down and select “General.”
- Next, tap on “iPhone Storage”.
- Locate and tap on the “Groupme” app from the list of installed apps.
- On the app’s storage screen, you should see an option to “Offload App”.
- Click on it. And then by following the above steps, it will clear the cache from the Groupme app.
9. Contact Groupme Customer Support
After trying the above-mentioned fixes if you are still facing any difficulty in resolving the issue then you may contact The Groupme Support Team for the same by clicking here.