Are you tired of being interrupted by the “Assertion Failed” error on your Steam Deck while trying to enjoy your favorite games?
You’re not alone.
This frustrating issue can put a damper on your gaming experience, but fear not – there are solutions to tackle this problem head-on.
The error message read as “Assertion failed!
Program: Z: \home\deck\Emulation\roms\xbox360\xenia_canary.exe
Expression: “!status &&
Press OK to exit the program, or Cancel to start the Wine debugger.”
In this blog, we’ll delve into effective methods to fix the “Assertion Failed” error on your Steam Deck, empowering you to reclaim uninterrupted gaming bliss.
How To Fix Assertion Failed Error In Steam Deck
To fix assertion failed error in steam deck you can update graphic drivers, verify game files, and adjust game settings. Additionally, you can run steam and game as administrator, check for system updates, and disable overclocking.
1. Update Graphics Drivers
Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can often trigger the “Assertion Failed” error on your Steam Deck, leading to disruptions in your gaming experience.
By updating your graphics drivers, you can ensure that your system is equipped to handle the demands of your games effectively.
- Visit the official website of your graphics card manufacturer.
- Download the latest drivers for your specific graphics card model.
- Install the updated drivers and restart your Steam Deck to apply the changes.
2. Verify Game Files
Corrupted or incomplete game files can sometimes result in the “Assertion Failed” error. Verifying the game files can help identify and rectify any issues, restoring the game to a stable state.
- Open the Steam client on your Steam Deck.
- Navigate to the game causing the error, right-click, and select “Properties.”
- Go to the “Local Files” tab and choose “Verify Integrity of Game Files.”
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the game to check for the error.
3. Adjust Game Settings
In some cases, specific in-game settings or configurations may trigger the “Assertion Failed” error. Making adjustments to these settings can help alleviate the issue and allow for smoother gameplay.
- Launch the game on your Steam Deck.
- Access the game settings or options menu.
- Experiment with lowering graphics settings, disabling certain features, or adjusting resolution to see if the error persists.
- Save the changes and relaunch the game to observe if the error reoccurs.
4. Run Steam And Game As Administrator
Running Steam and the game as an administrator can sometimes resolve the “Assertion Failed” error by ensuring that all necessary permissions are granted for smooth operation.
Running Steam as Administrator:
- Right-click on the Steam shortcut or executable.
- Select “Run as administrator.”
Running the Game as Administrator:
- Once Steam is open, navigate to your game library and right-click on the game exhibiting the error.
- Choose “Properties” and go to the “Local Files” tab.
- Click on “Browse Local Files” and locate the game’s executable file.
- Right-click on the executable, select “Properties,” and go to the “Compatibility” tab.
- Check “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Click “Apply” and then launch the game to see if the error persists.
5. Check For System Updates
Ensuring that your Steam Deck’s operating system and software are up to date is crucial in addressing the “Assertion Failed” error, as updates often contain bug fixes and improvements that can mitigate such issues.
- Access the settings or system menu on your Steam Deck.
- Look for the option to check for system updates and initiate the process.
- If updates are available, download and install them.
- Once the updates are installed, restart your Steam Deck and check if the error has been resolved.
By following these solutions, you can effectively troubleshoot and address the “Assertion Failed” error on your Steam Deck, allowing you to enjoy uninterrupted gaming sessions.
6. Disable Overclocking
If you have overclocked your hardware, it may lead to instability and trigger errors such as “Assertion Failed.” Disabling overclocking can help restore stability to your system.
- Access your system’s BIOS or UEFI settings during the boot process.
- Locate the overclocking settings and revert them to default or lower values.
- Save the changes and exit the BIOS/UEFI settings.
- Restart your Steam Deck and check if the error persists when running the game.
8. Uninstall And Reinstall The Game
In cases where the “Assertion Failed” error persists despite other troubleshooting attempts, reinstalling the game can help resolve underlying file or installation issues.
- Open the Steam client on your Steam Deck.
- Navigate to your game library and right-click on the game displaying the error.
- Select “Uninstall” to remove the game from your system.
- Once uninstalled, redownload and reinstall the game.
- Launch the game and verify if the error has been resolved.
By implementing these comprehensive solutions, you can effectively address the “Assertion Failed” error on your Steam Deck and return to an uninterrupted and enjoyable gaming experience.
8. Contact Steam Support
If all else fails and the “Assertion Failed” error persists, reaching out to Steam Support can provide additional assistance and insight into resolving the issue.
- Visit the Steam support website or access it through the Steam client.
- Navigate to the relevant section for technical or game-specific issues.
- Provide detailed information about the error, including any troubleshooting steps you have already taken.
- Follow the instructions provided by Steam Support for further assistance in resolving the “Assertion Failed” error.