CIF is one of the crucial terms in the banking sector, which means customer information file. Basically, it refers to a person’s bank information that assists banks to operate a person’s account.
The 11 digits unique number contains every piece of information about the clients, including name, address, mobile number, loan details, Demat account details, and much more. However, SBI is one of the top public banks in India, having more than 24000 branches and a wide base of customers.
If you are searching for ways to find your State Bank Of India CIF number, you landed on the right page. As here, we come over with all the things that help you get your SBI CIF number.
What Is CIF Number In SBI?
Whenever anyone opens a bank account in the State Bank Of India, they receive a unique number that usually appears on the top page of the passbook. All the details of the bank customer are stored in a digital format called a CIF number or Customer Information File.
In-State Bank Of India, the CIF number has 11 digits, a combination of alphabets and numbers that consist of customer’s information such as an address, account number, transaction history, loan details, mobile number, and everything related to the SBI bank account.
The bank provides unique and different CIF numbers to their clients by accumulating their personal and financial details. Moreover, a bank can help and serve the best services to their customers by getting their information through the CIF number. In a way, the CIF number is valuable for State Bank In India.
Different Ways To Get SBI CIF Number
If you are puzzled about finding the SBI CIF number, our little bit of effort will help you as here we explored different ways to get your CIF number in State Bank In India. There are only two ways to find your CIF number: online and offline mode.
Let’s delve into the ways to find the SBI CIF number
Offline Methods For Getting SBI CIF Number
It’s an easy way for all to find the SBI CIF number. There are several ways, and some are as follows:
1. Get SBI CIF Number From Passbook
It’s the easiest way to get your CIF number, as the CIF number is always listed on the front page of the SBI bank passbook. You can easily see the 11 digit number on the passbook, that’s your CIF number.
2. Get SBI CIF Number From Cheque Book
This is one of the simple ways to find your CIF number on the cheque book issued by the State Bank Of India. If you don’t have your passbook, it’s the best alternative to use.
3. Get SBI CIF Number By Calling On Toll-free Number.
If you find difficulty in finding the SBI bank’s CIF number, simply make a call on the toll-free number and ask the bank executive for your CIF number. You can call on 1800 11 2211, it’s a toll-free number, and the bank executive will answer your call. After validation of your account, they will provide you with your CIF number in SBI bank.
4. Get SBI CIF Number From By visiting The Nearest SBI Branch.
You can also get your CIF number from the State Bank Of India by visiting the nearest SBI branch. By requesting the CIF number, the bank executive will provide you.
Online Methods For Getting SBI CIF Number
The generation becomes advanced, and they handle everything at their fingertips by using their smartphone. Technology eases banking services, and now you can quickly get your CIF number from SBI bank without any hassles. With several online methods, you can get your CIF number from SBI bank.
1. Get SBI CIF Number By Using Net Banking
- Step #1: The first online method is to use net banking and get your account statement that contains the information you require.
- Step #2: Visit the official website of State Bank Of India and if you are an existing user, click on the login option and provide all your credentials there.
- Step #3: Now choose the account statement option on the website and click on the view button to see your CIF number.
- Step #4: You can clearly get the information such as CIF number, branch name, etc., as shown in the picture below.
2. Get SBI CIF Number By Using Nomination Details
- Step #1: There’s also an alternative to find the CIF number of State Bank Of India through SBI Net Banking. Simply navigate the State Bank of India website and log in to your account.
- Step #2: Now you will appear an option of account summary; click on this option. Inside this page, you will get an option of view nomination and pan details, select that option.
- Step #3: After pressing view nomination and PAN details options you can ultimately get the CIF number of SBI that is clearly visualized on the page.
3. Get SBI CIF Number By Using YONO App
You might be familiar with YONO if you have a bank account in the State Bank Of India. It’s an SBI anywhere application launched with the purpose to ease the banking services and facilities.
- Step #1: Use this app to find your CIF number; simply log in to your ID and click on the services option.
- Step #2: Now you will find an online nomination option; click on it, and on this page, you can find a transactions account option, so select it.
- Step #3: After this, you have to choose the account number, and you will simply get the CIF number on the screen.
Conclusion: Key Take-Away Points
Yet, there are many people who find difficulty in finding their CIF number of SBI. The aforementioned are the absolute ways to get the CIF number easily. All the above-mentioned methods are easy and accessible for all.
If you are finding difficulty or someone in your known need help to get the CIF number of SBI, this article can help.
Frequently Asked Questions
How To Get The CIF Number Of The State Bank Of India?
There are several ways in online and offline mode to get the CIF number of State Bank Of India. You can find your CIF number through net banking, the YONO app, passbook, cheque book, and much more.
Is It Safe To Share The CIF Number With The SBI Bank Staff?
Yes, it’s safe and secure to share the CIF number with the bank staff as they use this information to offer you the best banking services.
Will I Get A New CIF Number If I Open A New Account In The Same Bank?
No, if you have an account in the State Bank Of India and you open another account in the same, the same CIF number will continue as it’s a unique number for the particular customer of the bank.
What To Do If I Find My CIF Number Invalid?
If you find your CIF number invalid, visit the SBI branch with your ID proof and passbook. The bank executive will help you and validate your details and help you to get a valid CIF number.
I Don’t Have A Passbook And Cheque Book, How Can I Find My CIF Number?
In this case, you can use online methods such as net banking and Yono app to find your CIF number. Plus, you can also visit the branch and ask the bank executive for a CIF number.