Let’s face it, everyone has had to deal with this. Your SBI ATM card has been blocked by your bank or blocked by you for some reason and all you want to do is unblock it fast. If you’ve tried to unblock your SBI ATM card, odds are you’ve struggled with the process. In this article, we will look at these 6 simple methods which you can use to unblock your SBI ATM card.
Why is your SBI ATM Card Blocked?
Your ATM/Debit card could be blocked for mainly four reasons. Here are the reasons
- You have entered the wrong pin: When we enter our ATM pin incorrectly three times, the bank will instantly block our ATM/Debit card. This is done under the premise that your card has been stolen, and the culprit is trying to guess your PIN in order to steal your money. But don’t worry, the ATM card may automatically unlock during the next 24 hours.
- Your Card is lost: We sometimes lose our ATM card and in this case, we get our card blocked through various ways to protect ourselves from theft or fraud. Read How to block your SBI ATM card here. (link)
- Your ATM Card has expired: Every bank’s ATM/debit card has a specific period of validity during which it can be used. If it reaches the end of its validity period, it will be automatically blocked.
- You have insufficient balance: The bank’s ATM/Debit card has a yearly renewal charge, so if you don’t have enough money in your bank account, the bank will block your ATM/Debit card.
Different ways to unblock SBI ATM Card?
Since the ATM card could have been blocked for a variety of reasons, the answer to unblocking it relies on why it was blocked in the first place. Note that you can only use all the methods after 24 hours after your card has been blocked.
- Automatic unblocking after 24 hours: If you enter the incorrect ATM PIN three times in a row, your ATM card is automatically blocked for 24 hours to prevent theft. But don’t worry, It will unlock on its own after 24 hours.
- Submit an Application to unblock: If you have blocked the card by mistake or purposely then you have to submit a written application to the nearest bank branch to unblock it. To unblock the card through this method, you must support your application with your identity verification documents.
1. Unblock SBI ATM card by vising bank branch
To unlock your SBI ATM card, just follow these simple steps.
- Get the ATM Unblock Application Form from your nearest SBI Bank branch.
- Now you must correctly complete the form. You need to correctly enter the account number, the last four digits of the card, and other essential information.
- Sign the application form when you’re done and attach your photo ID with it
- Then submit the form to the bank official.
- Within 24 hours, your card will be unblocked.
Once the card has been unblocked, you will receive an SMS notification on your phone.
2. Unblock SBI ATM card by Calling SBI cusotmer care
- Call SBI Customer Care Helpline: Through the customer service number, you can now quickly unblock your SBI ATM card. Follow these steps:
- Call customer service at 1800112211 from your registered phone number.
- After placing your call via the IVR, the customer service representative will ask for certain information to verify your identity.
- Verify your information, and your card will be unblocked.
3. Unblock SBI ATM card through SMS
You can also unblock your ATM card by sending an SMS to the bank through your registered mobile number. Follow these steps:
- Go to compose a message
- Type “PIN (last four digits of your debit card number- XXXX) (last four digits of your bank account number- YYYY)”
- Check it again. It should look like PIN XXXX YYYY
- Send it to SBI customer service at 567676 or 9223440000.
- You will receive an OTP which you have to take to an SBI ATM
- You have to enter your card in the ATM> Select Banking> Select PIN Change
- Then you have to enter this OTP and then enter a new PIN of your choice for future use
- Then your card will be unblocked and you can use this new PIN for transactions.
- Issue a new card from the bank: If the card has been blocked by the bank owing to a security breach in their systems, you will be given a new card at no cost. You can visit your home branch and ask for the procedure
- Replace an expired ATM card: An expired ATM card will be blocked. You can request that the bank renew it and issue a new one.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I unblock SBI ATM card?
Your blocked ATM card can be unblocked in a variety of ways. The most frequent method is to use your bank’s SMS banking service and send an SMS from your registered mobile number in the appropriate format. You can also write an application and submit it to your bank so that the relevant authorities can proceed with the necessary procedures.
Can I unblock SBI ATM/ Debit card through net banking?
Yes, if your bank offers such a service, you can unblock your ATM card online. SBI does not yet offer this facility for unblocking your card via net banking.
How to unblock SBI ATM/Debit cards offline?
To unblock your card offline, you can visit your nearest SBI branch and submit a written application. You can also use the SMS or call feature.
How to unblock SBI ATM/Debit card with YONO App?
YONO does not provide the feature to unblock your card. You can use other ways to unblock your card like call, SMS, or visit your nearest branch
How to unblock an SBI ATM/Debit card online?
SBI ATM cards cannot be unblocked online. It is best to use the SMS feature. Send an SMS like “PIN (last four digits of your debit card number) (last four digits of your bank account number)” to 567676.