Metaverse game is an online game that enables millions of players to interact with one another within one virtual world. Metaverse games allow you to play at your own pace and promote your brands according to your own terms.
Moreover, most of these games involve virtual NFTs, which are completely unique and virtual. Many companies have turned their attention towards the metaverse following Facebook’s re-brand to “Meta”.
Thus, it is reasonable to expect that top metaverse games will rise in prominence in the coming years. Despite their popularity, many people are unaware of the unique concept behind metaverse games.
Below is the list of Top 15 Metaverse Games Play-to-Earn:
1. Axie Infinity
Axie Infinity is one of the most popular games to earn money in the Metaverse, and it should not be overlooked.
It is an online video game based on the Pokémon franchise created by the Vietnamese firm Sky Mavis. An NFT-based game supports Ethereum-based cryptocurrencies or SLPs as payment methods.
By using this game, users can earn money or SLPs for their “Axies,” which are the pets they own by breeding, racing, and trading them.
Interestingly, according to the company’s website, People played the game to obtain NFTs as rewards, which they then traded for higher profits. Over the past few years, the popularity of games such as Axie Infinity has skyrocketed by enormous margins.
- An action-packed game where you must battle with chimera and collect valuable treasures to advance further. When it comes to upgrading your army, this will be beneficial.
- Defending yourself in difficult PvP confrontations will allow you to become legendary.
- Creating a new ultimate offspring is possible by crossing your axies.
The sandbox would be considered one of the most prominent entries among the top metaverse games available right now.
It provides a virtual world in which you may develop, take ownership of, and even profit from monetization opportunities as a result of your game experience. The Sandbox, which is based on the Ethereum blockchain, is currently in the early phases of development.
The Sandbox, on the other hand, has been effective in attracting players because of its visually appealing design and enjoyable gaming experience.
Sandbox, one of the most popular blockchain games in the metaverse, is disrupting several established games, such as Roblox and Minecraft.
Sandbox is distinguished because it grants genuine ownership to creators in the form of non-fungible tokens, often known as NFTs. Players who actively participate in the game’s ecology will receive rewards due to their efforts.
Surprisingly, The Sandbox is one of the most popular metaverse games, with a market share of about 7 percent in the metaverse market.
- The platform that allows players to create their games in the metaverse
- Smart contracts and blockchain technology, together with the game’s better user experience, allow users to generate content more effectively.
- The VoxEdit tool may be found in The Sandbox, and it allows anyone to generate assets. VoxEdit also allows users to upload, publish, and even sell the NFTs that they generate.
Sorare is unquestionably one of the best online metaverse games available, thanks to its amazing ease of use. Anyone could make a free account in the game by just entering their email address and immediately beginning playing the game.
Players can purchase Sorare NFT cards with credit Credit or Debit cards and through bank transfers. Furthermore, customers in more than 40 countries worldwide were able to readily purchase Sorare NFT cards.
Sorare is the epitome of what it means to broaden the scope of gaming by introducing new possibilities. It is essentially a football non-financial-transaction (NFT) game developed on the Ethereum blockchain’s foundations.
Over 180 football clubs have officially registered on Sorare is the most significant achievement, with new clubs joining the platform every week.
Every week, the teams with the highest number of points would be allowed to create new cards as a reward. In addition, Sorare is one of the top metaverse games to announce a Series B investment of about $680 million, making it one of the largest in the industry.
- On Sorare, players may purchase cards and use them to build their fantasy teams.
- Players on the cards are real people, and the success of those players in real matches may be able to assist the cardholders score points.
It is essentially an open-world role-playing game developed on the Ethereum blockchain. The game’s central premise is to explore the sizeable virtual environment it contains.
The primary goal of players in the game would be to amass strong beings known as “Illuvials,” which are extremely rare and difficult to come by. Illuvium has amassed a market capitalization of $1 billion.
In addition, the colourful environment of the Illuvium ecosystem, which is bursting with life, is a promising addition to the game. However, it may be too soon to declare Illuvium as one of the top metaverse games available right now.
However, the genuine gameplay experience provided by Illuvium may work to its advantage, allowing it to attract a large number of players in the long run.
- Illuvium, gamers have praised the extraordinary quality of the graphics and the engaging gameplay.
- With Illuvium, players can search for items and creatures within the game’s open digital world, which can be used for various activities, like collecting, battling, and trading.
Alien Worlds is a metaverse game consisting of seven planets that reproduce a digital facsimile of Earth and has a unique economy based on Trillium (TLM) game tokens. Alien Worlds is a free-to-play game available on the Steam platform.
The players stake Trillium on planets to cast votes in upcoming planetary elections or increase the prize pool on the planet in question. Besides that, players can participate in weekly council elections, make proposals for how planetary money should be divided, and even run for positions on the planetary council themselves. Players are given the option to purchase and build the NFTs in this game.
- You can rent spacecraft here and go exploring the Metaverse.
- You can create your community on the Metaverse. Share missions or stories with your fellow travelers on the Metaverse.
- You can also create art, music, games, and stories here.
Splinterlands, a digital play-to-earn Metaverse game based on blockchain technology, allows players to digitally earn rewards. It’s comparable to games like Magic the Gathering and Hearthstone in that it requires strategy and planning.
In a similar way to previous games, you assemble a deck of cards with various traits and powers and then use them to fight against other players in skill-based battles to earn points.
Another reason why Splinterlands is superior to Magic the Gathering and Hearthstone is because it is one of the play to earn Metaverse games, which makes it a more enjoyable experience.
The participants can purchase, sell, and trade their digital assets just as easily as if they were physical cards in this section.
- Splinterlands is all about putting together the greatest squad possible by devising the most effective techniques in your favor.
- In splinterlands, users may see and check the historical record of each card, and they can see how many different types of each card exist or will exist in the future.
- Transactions in Splinterlands are swift, and the associated expenses are modest.
7. Farmer’s World
Farmer’s World is a blockchain-based agricultural game that is similar to Farmville in many ways. Users will be able to create their farms, care for their plants, manage their animals, and perform various other agricultural duties in the game.
Players can also compete in PvP game types by visiting other players’ digital farms and competing for resources in-game.
In addition, players can purchase agricultural equipment and virtual lands to help them start or expand their farms and other in-game commodities such as virtual lands in the game.
- Farmers World is one of the largest online communities globally, with more than 150000 people from all over the world.
- A highly engaging game in which players may construct, nurture and breed their livestock and farms, as well as mine gold, is FarmVille.
- NFTs are available in a variety of forms in Splinterlands. Fishing boats, fishing nets, axes, and a variety of other items are among the most entertaining.
8. Plants Vs Undead
Based on the renowned Plants vs. Zombies genre, this multiplayer tower defense game focuses on teamwork and cooperation.
Unique NFT-backed digital plants and other in-game assets are available for purchase, allowing players to compete with other players or complete tasks.
Each user can develop their plants or sow seeds to grow more. Within the platform’s internal marketplace, users can sell and buy plants and seeds from one another.
The game takes place in the “Planet Plants” universe, in which players must use their zombie-fighting plants to defend their “Mother Tree” against invading zombies and other threats.
Players earn in-game tokens for each successful defense round they complete, which they may use to purchase additional seeds or exchange for other cryptocurrencies.
- Farmers World provides its participants with membership cards, which allow them to purchase additional tools.
- By sending PVU tokens to your friends, you will be able to trade NFT assets with them in exchange.
- It is a captivating game in which you can visit other people’s farms and compete with them for resources, but you must also safeguard your farm by standing guard.
9. Farming Tales
This Metaverse game is based on farming, and players can earn SEST tokens as a form of in-game currency by participating. Farming games are among the most popular video games, and this one is no exception.
“A crypto farm where NFTs reflect genuine items from our real farms,” according to the game’s official website, characterizes the game.
This means that all of your efforts in the game will reap the rewards in real-time due to the results you achieve. Unity is responsible for developing the game’s Metaverse, and the game itself is built on the WAX blockchain.
However, you should be aware that Farming Tales is not a free game and that you must first acquire NFTs before you can progress further in the game.
- The ability to stake SSET tokens brings several extra advantages.
- CBIT tokens will be given out as part of an airdrop.
- It’s a game that’s relatively simple to play and make money.
10. My Neighbor Alice
My Neighbor Alice is a multiplayer building game that has introduced blockchain technology to millions of gamers worldwide.
Anyone may buy and own virtual islands, acquire and develop intriguing stuff, and meet new people. Anyone can buy and own virtual islands.
It is possible to customize your game avatars and other in-game stuff in My Neighbor Alice, which is a free-to-play game where you can earn money by playing.
A great Metaverse game comparable to Animal Crossing in that you can own virtual islands, gather stuff, and meet other gaming enthusiasts is Metaverse: Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
It is a multiplayer game in which you may monetize your in-game experience and make money while you are participating.
The game’s rewards are in the form of ALICE, an ERC-20 token that can be used to purchase various in-game goods. You can earn ALICE by completing tasks in the game.
- The Alice token is the game’s main currency, allowing players to swap NFTs, buy land, and use DeFi features like collateralization, buyback, and staking.
- Players might buy virtual plots from Alice or the market in the game. The universe has a limited number of plots represented by NFT tokens.
- Each player has an avatar that they can use to communicate with other players in the game. Players might also customize their avatar by adding assets.
- In-game assets can be bought and sold on the marketplace. Among them are houses, animals, vegetables, decorations, and avatar cosmetics.
StarCrazy is another great play-to-earn game that takes little initial investment. This Metaverse game is available for Android and iOS.
To begin playing the game, download the loPay app to your mobile. The game’s stellar concept will awe you. You can acquire GFT tokens by collecting Stars (NFTs).
- In StarCrazy, you can buy, sell and bid on Stars and NFTs.
- By diving more profound, you can acquire more game Stars. Having a Star with improved digging power can help you earn more GFT tokens.
- To get started with the game, you don’t need to spend much money, unlike other games.
Players can choose from various weapons to equip and level up to complete missions and earn NFT and tokens in this blockchain-based role-playing shooting game.
Play to earn, and free-to-play options are available in Metastrike. Metaverse features of this game include the purchase of lands and the creation and customization of maps for the various regions of the Metaverse where you play. You can even offer them a non-functional toy for other people to use.
- The game allows players to build a map to fight on, collect a gun collection, and steal NFT from other players.
- Using MetaStrike as a starting point, you can develop your own first-person shooter with any idea you have.
- Multiplayer FPS games require lots of features, such as objects such as weapons, explosions,characters, shells, projectiles, game modes, etc.
Play-and-earn metaverse game CyberTrade is built using Binance’s Smart Chain and features a futuristic-looking city. Become the best fighter and earn CyberCash ($CCASH) by playing this MMO role-playing game.
- It is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game in which players take on the role of citizens of the Metropolit city. Crypto Citizen features a variety of game mechanisms, including Governance, Rugpull Zone, Purge, Citadel, and Portal, to name a few. To begin playing this game, you only need one character to get started.
- Users can engage in combat with one another and begin collecting $CCASH for each victory.
- The Crypto Citizen Portal feature will allow NFT supporters and gamers to feel for the game before making a financial commitment. Deposit some gaming NFT, and you will receive a free rental metaverse avatar or vehicle, which you may use to make $CCASH in exchange for your investment.
14. Flight Of The Ages (FOTA)
It is a MOBA-RPG game, which means that you will be focusing on growing your hero character rather than building armies and other such things. It makes excellent use of Microsoft’s Mesh MR (Mixed Reality), a hybrid of augmented reality and virtual reality.
If you are a gamer, you will have the option of choosing from eight different races and three different worlds to begin your metaverse journey.
- Users can purchase and sell heroes, skins, and equipment in the form of NFTs.
- Users can create and utilize avatars in the FOTA Metaverse by logging in with their Decentralized Identity wallet ID.
- Users can earn $FOTA by farming it with other LP tokens.
- Because of the Cross NFT functionality, users can move their existing NFT into a portion of the FOTA Metaverse, making it easier for newcomers to get started in the game.
A decentralized 3D virtual reality platform powered by the Ethereum blockchain, Decentraland ($MANA) allows users to create virtual structures such as casinos, art galleries, concert halls, and theme parks and charge other players to visit them.
Users can earn money by charging other players to visit their virtual structures.
There are a total of 90,601 individual pieces of virtual land on the system. Each is in the form of an NFT, referred to as a LAND. As a result, land trade is a non-financial transaction.
A new virtual reality world called Decentraland was launched in 2015 and has been open to the public since February 2020. It is now running on Polygon, a Layer 2 scaling solution developed.
It has evolved into a community-driven decentralized autonomous organization (DAO), in which the members of the community vote on whether or not to make changes.
- For purchase of land and other goods, Decentraland uses non-fungible tokens.
- There are two currencies in the 3D virtual world. The first native currency is the MANA token, and the other is the LAND token.
There is no doubt that the metaverse is expanding, and this is the truth. As a result, it is reasonable to expect that the best metaverse games will attract significant attention in the coming years.
On the other hand, numerous enthusiasts are eager to get on the bandwagon before it is much too late. NFTs are introduced into the equation by metaverse games, which allow players to direct their own gaming experience.
Furthermore, many of the most popular metaverse games are still in the early stages of development. The new games’ promising gameplay experience and features, on the other hand, may open up new possibilities for those who participate in them.