Do you want to increase your Character Mastery in Mortal Kombat 1?
Each and every character in Mortal Kombat 1 features a Mastery Rank advancement system that allows you to acquire various items for them as you move through it.
Each Master Rank is limited to 35 for playable characters and 15 for Kameo.
To gain EXP for your Master Ranks, you must utilize the character you want to level up in Invasion Mode or Online Matchmaking.
While succeeding matches in the Kombat League will provide you with the most experience, it can be a bit erratic due to the fact that you will be competing against other players.
What Are The Mortal Kombat 1 Characters?
Mastering characters in the Mortal Kombat game involves understanding their moves, combos, and strategies.
Here’s a basic overview of some of the seven characters and their moves to help you get started:
- Special Moves: Spear (Back, Back, Low Punch), Teleport Punch (Down, Back, High Punch)
- Finishing Move (Fatality): Block (Up, Up)
- Strategy: Scorpion is a versatile character. Use his Spear to stun opponents and follow up with combos. The Teleport Punch can catch opponents off guard.
2. Liu Kang
- Special Moves: Flying Kick (Forward, Forward, Low Kick), Fireball (Back, Back, High Punch)
- Finishing Move (Fatality): Forward, Forward, Forward, High Punch (close range)
- Strategy: Liu Kang is known for his fast and long-reaching attacks. Utilize his Fireball to keep opponents at bay, and use the Flying Kick for quick and effective combos.
- Special Moves: Iceball (Down, Forward, Low Punch), Slide (Back, Back, Low Kick)
- Finishing Move (Fatality): Forward, Forward, Down, High Punch (close range)
- Strategy: Sub-Zero relies on his ice-based attacks. Freeze your opponent with the Iceball and follow up with combos. The Slide is a good low attack.
4. Johnny Cage
- Special Moves: Shadow Kick (Back, Back, Low Kick), Green Bolt (Back, Forward, High Punch)
- Finishing Move (Fatality): Forward, Forward, Back, High Kick (close range)
- Strategy: Johnny Cage is a fast character. Use the Shadow Kick for quick, long-range attacks, and the Green Bolt to control space.
- Special Moves: Torpedo (Back, Back, High Kick), Electric Shock (Down, Forward, Low Punch)
- Finishing Move (Fatality): Forward, Back, Back, High Kick (close range)
- Strategy: Raiden’s Torpedo is a quick, long-reaching move, and his Electric Shock can be used as an anti-air attack.
- Special Moves: Cannonball (Back, Down, Back, High Punch), Knife Throw (Down, Forward, High Punch)
- Finishing Move (Fatality): Back, Forward, Forward, Forward, High Kick (close range)
- Strategy: Kano’s Cannonball is a charge attack that can surprise opponents, and his Knife Throw can be used to control space.
7. Sonya Blade
- Special Moves: Ring Toss (Forward, Forward, High Punch), Leg Grab (Back, Back, Low Kick)
- Finishing Move (Fatality): Back, Forward, Down, Forward, High Kick (close range)
- Strategy: Sonya’s Ring Toss is a projectile attack, and her Leg Grab is useful for countering opponents’ low attacks.
How To Increase Character Mastery In Mortal Kombat 1?
Character mastery is a time-consuming and hard task to do.
In order to increase your mastery quickly, you will need to engage in combats with flawless victory, play online matches, add relics, and complete events.
Relics are an important part of the Invasion Mode, as they provide you valuable bonuses both inside and outside of combat.
Additionally, a flawless victory will help you increase your EXP points.
Using relic hunts and achieving flawless victory increases your character mastery in Mortal Kombat 1.
Here are some tips to help you improve your character mastery in Mortal Kombat 1:
1. Choose A Main Character
Select one character that you enjoy playing and want to master.
Focusing on one character allows you to become proficient with their moves, combos, and strategies.
2. Learn Basic Moves
Start by learning your character’s basic attacks, such as punches, kicks, and uppercuts.
Understanding your character’s normal moves is crucial for setting up combos.
3. Master Special Moves
Each character has unique special moves.
Practice these moves until you can execute them consistently and understand their properties.
Special moves often have different strengths and weaknesses, so learn when to use them effectively.
4. Practice Combos
Combos are strings of attacks that can deal significant damage when executed correctly.
Experiment with different combinations of normal and special moves to create your own combos or learn established ones for your character.
5. Block And Defense
Don’t forget about defense.
Learn how to block effectively and use crouching blocks to protect against low attacks.
Understanding when to block and when to counterattack is essential.
6. Spacing And Positioning
Pay attention to your character’s positioning in the arena.
Maintain the right distance from your opponent to maximize your character’s strengths and minimize their weaknesses.
7. React To Opponents
Observe your opponent’s playstyle and adapt accordingly.
Learn to counter their strategies and anticipate their moves.
8. Practice Special Move Inputs
Mortal Kombat 1 has specific input commands for special moves.
Practice these commands until you can execute them consistently.
Avoid accidental inputs, which can lead to mistakes.
9. Fatality Practice
To finish matches in style, practice performing your character’s Fatality move.
Remember that Fatality inputs are typically performed at close range and may vary slightly between characters.
10. Play Against Others
If possible, play against other human opponents.
Online or local multiplayer can help you develop your skills by facing unpredictable strategies and tactics.
11. Study Frame Data
Frame data provides information on the speed and recovery of moves.
While it may not be readily available for the original Mortal Kombat, understanding move properties can help you make informed decisions during battles.
12. Watch Tutorials And Guides
Look for online tutorials and guides for your chosen character.
Experienced players often share valuable insights, combos, and strategies.
13. Practice, Practice, Practice
Becoming a master at Mortal Kombat 1 or any fighting game requires consistent practice.
Spend time in training mode to refine your execution and develop muscle memory for combos and special moves.