Have you lost access to your Twitter account and need to recover it, but don’t have access to your email or phone number associated with the account?
One option you have is to use a Twitter backup code to regain access to your account.
There are times when Twitter users face the problems of entering their account from new devices as they need to go through two factor authentication but it can be avoided if they have the backup code from their account already with them.
Can You Get The Backup Code Without Login Into Your Twitter Account?
No, You can not get your backup code without logging into your Twitter account.
But you contact Twitter support team, provide all the information and after that they will send you new code.
If you’ve lost access to your Twitter account and don’t have access to the email or phone number associated with the account, you can try using a Twitter backup code to regain access.
Here’s how to get a Twitter backup code without logging in to your account:
- Go to the Twitter login page and click on the “Forgot password?” link.
- Enter your Twitter username or the email address associated with your account.
- After thatTwitter will send a recovery code to the email address associated with your account.
- Check your email for the recovery code and enter it on the Twitter login page.
- If you don’t have access to the email address associated with your account, You can send code to your phone number also.
- If you don’t have access to the email address or phone number associated with your account, Contact Twitter support team.
- Twitter will ask you to provide additional information to verify your account, such as the phone number associated with your account or the last tweet you posted.
- If you can provide this information, Twitter will send a code to your email or phone number.
- Check your email or phone for the code and enter it on the Twitter login page to regain access to your account.
How To Get Your Twitter Backup Code?
To get your backup code you will need to be logged in to your account and if you are not logged in from your phone then you can just open any device from which you are logged in and get the code from your account.
Step 1: First you will have to open the application and log into your account.
Step 2: Next you will need to go to the settings option in your profile and from there you will have to select the option Account.
Step 3: After you have opened the option Account you will need to elect Security and tap on it.
Step 4: Now you will need to open Backup Code from the options present in there.
Step 5: Now you will have the Backup code for your account which you can use later when you will need to move your account data to another device.
You can just log into your username and password and have the two factor authentication link is sent to you.
After this you can put the backup code that you have gotten from your account after opening the link and you will be able to enter your account with all your data intact.
To sum up, if you have already gotten your backup code from your account when you are logging into your account from a different device you will not need to go through the two factor authentication as you can just put the code into the link there and open your account.
However to do that you will have to login before to get the backup code as it can only be gotten from your account settings.