War Thunder is a popular military vehicle combat game that has been enjoyed by players all around the world.
However, some players have reported an issue with the game mode select screen, where certain game modes are missing or the screen is stuck on “Auto” mode.
This can be frustrating for players who want to select a specific game mode or are unable to play their preferred mode due to the issue.
In this article, we will discuss some possible solutions to fix the War Thunder game mode select issue and get you back to enjoying the game to its fullest.
How To Fix War Thunder Game Mode Select Issue?
1. Change The Game’s Regional Settings
In some cases, the game may be configured to connect to a specific region, and if there are any issues with that region’s servers or network, it can cause connectivity issues. If you encounter this issue, you can try changing the game’s regional settings.
To change War Thunder’s regional settings, follow these steps:
- Open the War Thunder launcher and log in to your account.
- Click on the “Settings” button located at the top-right corner of the launcher window.
- In the settings menu, click on the “Game” tab.
- Scroll down to the “Server” section and click on the drop-down menu next to “Region.”
- Select the region you want to connect to from the list of available options.
- Click on the “Save” button to apply the changes.
Once you have changed the game’s regional settings, you should be able to connect to the selected region’s servers.
2. Try Using The Command Prompt
You can try using the command prompt to test the connectivity to the game servers. Here are the steps to do this:
- Open the Command Prompt: Click on the Start menu, type “cmd” in the search bar, and click on the Command Prompt app.
- Ping the game server: In the Command Prompt, type “ping <game server IP address>” and press Enter. You can find the game server IP address by doing a quick search online.
- Traceroute: If you want to test the connectivity along the entire path to the game server, you can use the traceroute command. In the Command Prompt, type “tracert <game server IP address>” and press Enter.
By using these commands, you can quickly test the connectivity to the game server and determine if there is an issue with your ISP or the localization server. This can help you avoid redownloading the game every time the issue occurs.
3. Check For Game Updates
The first step is to check for any available game updates. Sometimes, the game mode selection issue can occur due to outdated game files.
To check for updates, open the War Thunder launcher, and click on the “Update” button. If there is an update available, download and install it.
4. Clear Cache
The game mode selection issue can also occur due to corrupted cache files. To clear the cache, open the War Thunder launcher, and click on the “Settings” button.
Then, click on the “Cache” tab and select “Clear cache.” This will delete all the cached files, and the game will create new ones when launched.
5. Disable Mods
If you have any mods installed, try disabling them and launching the game. Sometimes, mods can interfere with the game mode select screen and cause issues.
To disable mods, open the War Thunder launcher, and click on the “Settings” button. Then, click on the “Tools” tab and select “Disable mods.”
6. Reinstall The Game
If none of the above steps work, you can try reinstalling the game. To do this, uninstall the game from your system and download it again from the official War Thunder website. This will ensure that you have a fresh install of the game without any corrupted files.
If nothing works then you may try contacting the War Thunder customer support by clicking here. They will guide you with better options.