Are you a fan of Modern Warfare 3 (MW3) but frustrated by the “There was an error in reading the current match rules data” message that keeps popping up?
This error can prevent you from playing your favorite game modes and can be a real headache.
Fortunately, there are several possible fixes for this issue, and we’re here to guide you through them.
In this blog post, we’ll explore the reasons why this error occurs, and we’ll provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to fix it.
So, if you’re ready to get back to playing MW3 without any interruptions, let’s dive in!
How To Fix “There Was An Error In Reading The Current Match Rules Data” In Modern Warfare 3 (MW3)
1. Verify Game Files
One of the most common reasons for this error is corrupted game files.
- Open the platform client where you downloaded the game (e.g., Steam).
- Click on the Library tab.
- Right-click on Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and select Properties.
- Click on the Local Files tab.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for the process to complete and for any corrupted files to be replaced.
2. Exit And Restart The Game
Sometimes, simply exiting the game and restarting it can fix the issue. Make sure to close the game completely before restarting it.
- Close the game completely.
- Restart the game and see if the issue persists.
3. Clear Cache And Cookies
Clearing your cache and cookies can also fix the issue.
- Open your browser’s settings.
- Navigate to the Privacy and Security section.
- Click on Clear Browsing Data.
- Make sure the Time Range is set to All Time.
- Select Cookies and Other Site Data and Cached Images and Files.
- Click on Clear Data.
4. Disable VPN
If you’re using a VPN, try disabling it and see if that fixes the issue. VPNs can sometimes interfere with game connections.
5. Contact Support
If none of the above fixes work, you can contact the game’s support team for further assistance.