Steam is a powerful platform that changed how gamers enjoy their favorite games, with a huge game collection and a thriving community.
But sometimes, users face a frustrating error message saying, “There was a problem adding this product to your account. Please try again later.”
The complete error message reads: “WE WERE HERE There was a problem adding this product to your account. Please try again later.”
In this article, we’ll uncover the reasons behind this issue and offer solutions so gamers can get back to their virtual adventures without any interruptions.
What Causes “There Was A Problem Adding This Product To Your Account. Please Try Again Later” On Steam?
The error message “There was a problem adding this product to your account. Please try again later” on Steam can happen for different reasons.
It might be due to server issues like temporary outages or high traffic.
Using an outdated Steam client can cause compatibility problems, so keeping it updated is important.
Also, adding DLCs without the base game in your library can trigger the error.
Network connectivity problems and conflicts with third-party software or antivirus programs can also be contributing factors.
How To Fix “There Was A Problem Adding This Product To Your Account. Please Try Again Later” On Steam?
Below are some potential fixes that might assist you in resolving this issue:
1. Check Your Internet Connection
Before you make any changes to the application, make sure that your internet connection is steady and stable.
Here are the steps to Check your internet connection
- Turn off your router or modem, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on.
- If the problem persists, you can reset your network settings on your device. Go to the network settings menu and look for an option to reset or restart network settings.
- Try connecting your device to a different Wi-Fi network or switch to a cellular data network to see if the issue is specific to your current network.
- If possible, try connecting to the internet using a different device, such as a smartphone or tablet, to see if the issue is specific to your device.
2. Check The Server Status Of Steam
Check if the Steam server is having problems due to maintenance or technical issues.
If the server is facing any issues, it is recommended that you wait for some time and then try again later.
3. Disable Firewall Or Antivirus
Sometimes security software, such as antivirus or firewall, can mistakenly block access to software.
To temporarily disable your antivirus software, locate the antivirus program on your computer, open its settings, and disable it.
To temporarily disable your firewall, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Search for “Windows Defender Firewall” or “Firewall.”
- Select the appropriate network profile.
- Choose the option to turn off the firewall for the selected profile.
- Save the changes and exit the settings.
4. Restart Steam
Sometimes, this issue can be temporary, and a simple restart can resolve it.
After restarting the application check if can try adding the product to your account.
Here are the steps to restart the application using the task manager:
- Close the Steam application.
- Open the Task Manager by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + ESC.
- Locate Steam on the “Details” page of the Task Manager.
- Right-click on Steam and choose “End task.”
- Reopen Steam and attempt the action again.
5. Add The Base Game First
Before adding downloadable content (DLC) to Steam, make sure you’ve already added the main game to your account, as trying to add DLC without the base game can result in an error message.
Here are the steps to do so:
- Visit the page of the game you wish to add and click on the “Download” button to include the main game to your library.
- After successfully adding the game, you can proceed to add additional DLC packages by clicking on the “Add a game” button
6. Use Steam Library
If you’ve been unable to “add to library” on Steam, try clicking “download” for the product, even without the necessary game or DLC installed, then immediately cancel the download process, as this alternative method has helped many users successfully resolve the issue.
7. Contact Steam Support
If the previous solutions don’t fix the error, don’t hesitate to contact Steam Support for help.
Their dedicated team can investigate the issue and offer personalized guidance to resolve the problem.