Starfield, the famous space game, has wowed millions with its huge space world and cool gameplay.
One of their important tools is the Starfield follow distortion scanner, which helps them study stars and stuff.
But, just like any gadget, these scanners can sometimes stop working correctly.
In this article, we’ll find out why these scanners have problems and how to fix them.
Why Is Starfield Follow Distortions On Scanner Not Working?
To locate distortions in the game, a technique is used to follow distortions on the scanner in Starfield.
It is unclear why the ‘Follow distortions on the scanner’ problem is not working in Starfield based on the research.
A few players mentioned game bugs or glitches that could be causing the problem.
Others think the scanner might be extra sensitive in specific places, or maybe the distortions are just really hard to spot.
It is difficult to determine the exact cause of the problem without more information from the game developers.
How To Fix Starfield Follow Distortions On Scanner Not Working?
Here are some fixes that might help you resolve this issue:
1. Try Reloading The Game And Landing Again
To fix this problem, one must quit the game and restart it, then land on the planet again to see if the scanner distortions appear.
This could help to reset any glitches or bugs that were preventing the scanner from functioning properly.
2. Scan The Area
According to some players, scanning every inch of the anomalies was necessary to trigger the scanner distortions.
It’s possible that the distortions are very subtle or difficult to detect.
3. Listen For Audio Clues
When you’re scanning and following the distortion, keep an ear out for a spooky sound.
The scanner’s distortion comes with this noise.
If you move away from the distortion, the sound will get quieter.
4. Check For Starfield Updates
The game has reported having lots of bugs that might cause the issue of the following distortions on the scanner not working.
If you are still facing the issue, then you should check if there are any new updates for Starfield.
If an update is available, make sure to install it and then check if the issue persists.
Here are the steps for checking for updates for Starfield.
Steps for checking for updates for Starfield on Steam:
- Open the Steam client on your computer.
- Click on the “Library” tab.
- Find Starfield in your list of games.
- If there is an update available, it should automatically start downloading.
- If there is no update available, you can try restarting Steam or your computer to see if that triggers an update.
Steps for checking for updates for Starfield on Xbox:
- Turn on your Xbox console.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.
- Navigate to “Profile & System” and select “Settings”.
- Select “System” and then “Updates“.
- If there is an update available for Starfield, it should be listed here.
- Follow the prompts to download and install the update.
Steps for checking for updates for Starfield on PS:
- Turn on your PlayStation console.
- Navigate to the Starfield game icon on your home screen.
- Press the “Options” button on your controller.
- Select “Check for Update“.
- If there is an update available for Starfield, it should start downloading automatically.
- If there is no update available, you can try restarting your console or checking for updates manually through the system settings.
5. Contact Starfield Support
If the previous fixes didn’t work, contact Starfield support for more help.
They’re experts and can give you specific guidance to solve the issue.