The team-based action game Overwatch 2 is free to play and is set in the hopeful future. Each match is the ultimate 5v5 battlefield combat.
First-person shooter Overwatch 2 was created and released by Blizzard Entertainment.
Overwatch 2 game was released on October 4, 2022.
Are you facing issue in Overwatch 2?
When players using two monitor like primary & secondary and when they launch the game in primary monitor but Overwatch 2 is opening in secondary monitor.
In this article, we will discuss why Overwatch 2 opening in wrong monitor and how to fix it.
Why Is Overwatch 2 Opening On Wrong Monitor?
Overwatch 2 is opening on wrong monitor because Windows is not allowing programs to create or modify folders in your PC.
In this case Windows is not allowing Overwatch 2 to modify your in-game settings as Windows may be recognizing Overwatch 2 as a “harmful app” as said below
“Controlled folder access in Windows Defender Security Center reviews the apps that can make changes to files in protected folders.
Occasionally, an app that is safe to use will be identified as harmful.
This happens because Microsoft wants to keep you safe and will sometimes err on the side of caution; however, this might interfere with how you normally use your PC.
You can add an app to the list of safe or allowed apps to prevent them from being blocked.
Many players explained the issue on various forums:
“For some time now, every time I restart my PC and launch Overwatch it first opens on my second monitor. I have a 144hz and a 60hz monitor, my 144hz is my primary monitor and everything else opens on it yet for some reason Overwatch 2 always opens on my second after reset. If I’ve opened Overwatch once and changed the monitor in video settings it will keep opening on my primary screen until I restart my PC.”
“Recently, like within the last week or two, overwatch has been opening up on Monitor 2 after restarting or booting up my PC. I have run two monitors for the majority of my time playing Overwatch , and it’s not been an issue before. Monitor 1 is my primary monitor in Windows.”
How To Fix Overwatch 2 Opening On Wrong Monitor?
To Fix Overwatch 2 not opening on wrong monitor, follow below steps1:
- Select “Start” > “Settings” .
- Choose “Update & security” > ” Windows Defender.”
- Select Open “Windows Defender Security Center”.
- Select “Virus & threat protection”, and then choose “Virus & threat protection settings.
- Under Controlled folder access, turn it on or off.
Another solution provided in blizzard forum, follow below steps2:
- Open the NVidia Control Panel. Do to this minimize all programs so that only your Windows desktop is showing. Right click any blank space and select “NVidia Control Panel” from the pop-up menu.
- Click the “Set up Multiple Displays” link on the left side navigation pane.
- Make sure the monitors in the diagram shown is in the correct order and which one is your primary monitor.
- Close the panel and relaunch the game.