Are you experiencing issues with your Instagram photos or videos not showing up when you save them to your SD card?
This can be frustrating, especially if you want to access your media files on other devices or share them with friends.
In this article, we’ll guide you through some common troubleshooting steps to help you resolve Instagram SD Card photos/ videos not showing.
How To Fix Instagram SD Card Photos/ Videos Not Showing?
Down below, we have discussed the solution in step-by-step detail.
1. Check For Instagram Updates
An outdated app can lead to functionality issues, including the inability to access photos and videos from an SD card.
Head over to your device’s app store, search for Instagram, and if an update is available, download and install it to ensure you have the latest features and fixes.
Here are the steps to update the Instagram app on your device:
- Go to the “App Store (iOS) “or “Google Play Store (Android).“
- Search for the “Instagram app.“
- If an update is available, download and install it.
2. Check Instagram App Permissions
Another crucial step is to verify that Instagram has the appropriate app permissions to access your SD card.
Make sure Instagram has permission to access ‘Storage’ which includes your SD card. If it doesn’t, you can enable the permission here.
Without these permissions, Instagram won’t be able to access photos or videos stored on your SD card, which could be why they’re not showing up.
Here are the steps to Check Instagram App Permissions:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on Apps or Application Manager.
- Find and select Instagram from the list.
- Tap on Permissions.
- Ensure that the Storage permission is toggled on.
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on Instagram.
- Toggle on the switch for Photos to allow access to your photos and videos.
- For SD card access specifically, iOS does not differentiate between internal storage and SD card storage for apps like Instagram. Just ensure that Instagram has access to your photos.
3. Use Internal Storage
If updating the app and adjusting permissions don’t solve the issue, you might want to try using your device’s internal storage.
Move the problematic photos or videos from the SD card to your phone’s internal storage, as Instagram may have better access to media stored there.
Once the files are moved, open Instagram and check if you can now view and upload the media.
4. Uninstall And Reinstall Instagram
If you’ve tried the previous steps without success, consider uninstalling the Instagram app from your device.
After the app is completely removed, reinstall it from your device’s app store, which can often resolve persistent issues with media not showing from the SD card.
Here are the steps to Uninstall and Reinstall Instagram on your device:
- Go to Settings > Apps or Application Manager.
- Find Instagram and select it.
- Tap Uninstall and confirm the action.
- Open the Google Play Store, search for Instagram.
- Tap Install to reinstall the app.
- Press and hold the Instagram app icon on the home screen.
- Tap Remove App or the minus sign (-) depending on your iOS version.
- Confirm by selecting Delete App.
- Open the App Store, search for Instagram.
- Tap the cloud icon or Get to reinstall the app.
5. Contact Instagram Support
If all else fails and you’re still unable to view your SD card photos and videos on Instagram, it’s time to seek help from the experts.
You can contact Instagram support through their Help Center for personalized assistance with your issue.
Provide them with details of the steps you’ve already taken, and they’ll guide you through additional troubleshooting methods or escalate the problem if necessary.