One of the most popular social networking sites in the world is Facebook. Every day, millions of individuals use it to communicate their ideas, emotions, and experiences with friends and family. The capacity to share content with others is one of Facebook’s most crucial functions. This can be accomplished by using the Facebook share button, which enables users to quickly and simply tell their friends and followers about the content they find interesting.
However occasionally, the Facebook share button might not function properly. This can be troublesome, especially if you’re trying to tell your followers something crucial or timely. In this article, we’ll look at a few potential causes for the Facebook share button not functioning and offer some advice on how to resolve the problem.
Why Is Facebook Share Button Not Be Working
1. Privacy Settings
If the privacy settings on the content you are trying to share are set to “private,” you will not be able to share it with your followers.
The post/ reels/ photo must be set to “public” or “friends” in order to be shared.
2. Browser Extensions
The Facebook share button may become inoperative due to some browser extensions. If the problem persists, try disabling any installed browser extensions.
3. Connection Issues
The Facebook share button might not function properly if your internet connection is unreliable if you are having trouble connecting. See whether restarting your modem or router resolves the problem.
4. Third-party Apps
It’s possible for some third-party apps to obstruct the Facebook share button. If the problem persists, try disabling any installed third-party programmes.
6. Outdated Browser
The Facebook share button might not function properly if you are using an old web browser. See whether updating your browser to the most recent version resolves the problem.
7. Facebook API Changes
The Facebook share button may not function properly since Facebook frequently updates its API. If there have been any recent API changes, check to see Facebook app needs to be updated.
How To Fix The Facebook Share Button Not Working?
To fix Facebook share button not working try the ways mentioned below.
1. Check Your Privacy Settings
Make sure the “public” or “friends” settings are selected for the content you want to share. You won’t be able to share it with your followers if it is set to “private”.
Following the instructions below will allow you to check your privacy settings:
- At the top of your Feed or profile, click the text box next to your profile picture. From here, you can do things such as post a status update, photo, video or check in to an event.
- Below your name, click the audience selector (e.g. Friends).
- Click the audience you’d like to see your content (e.g. Friends, Public or Only me). Set it to public if you want to enable sharing.
2. Disable Browser Extensions
Browser add-ons can occasionally make Facebook inoperable. Disable any installed extensions and check if the share button still functions. The steps to delete browser add-ons are as follows:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Click the Customize and control Google Chrome ‘ : ‘ icon in the window’s upper-right corner.
- In the menu, select More tools.
- Select Extensions from the side menu.
- In the Extensions tab that opens, there are several cards in the middle.
- To disable an extension, locate its card and click the blue toggle switch changing it togrey toggle switch.
3. Use A Different Browser
If the issue persists, try using a different web browser to access Facebook. You can use this to help you decide whether the issue is with Facebook or your browser. You can choose between browsers like Brave, Mozilla Firefox, and others.
4. Update The Facebook App
If you use the Facebook app for mobile devices, make sure it is updated to the most recent version. Check your app store for updates.
5. Update Your Browser
If you’re using an outdated web browser, Facebook might not work properly. Make sure your browser is up to date by looking for updates in the settings.
6. Clear Cache And Cookies
Clearing the cache and cookies from your browser can sometimes fix problems with the share button not functioning if you’re having them on Facebook. Clear your browsing history in your browser’s settings.You can clear cache and cookies in chrome by following the setps below:
- Open Google Chrome.
- At the top right, click More ‘ : ‘ icon
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
7. Check Your Internet Connection
To access Facebook, make sure your internet connection is reliable. To reset your connection, you might try rebooting your modem or router.
8. Disable Third Party Apps On Facebook
Sometimes third party integrations in your facebook profile can hinder basic functionalities of the app, it is recommeded to disable them in case you face any issues with the working of basic features like share button, like, comment etc. The steps to be followed to disable them are as follows:
- Click your profile picture in the top right of Facebook.
- Select Settings and privacy, then click Settings.
- Click Apps and websites in the left menu.
- Scroll down to Preferences, then next to Apps, websites and games, click Turn off.
In case you come across the facebook share button not wokring issue, you could go through the causes mentioned above and find a reasonable fix for the same. This would help you have a seamless access to facebook and all of its features.