Roblox is a famous website where people make and play games.
Roblox Studio is the main tool to create these games, but sometimes it has problems like the “Failed to Create Key for RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe Elevation Policy” error.
The complete error message usually reads: “An error occurred while starting Roblox Studio Details: Failed to create key for RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe elevation policy: Access is denied.”
This error stops you from using Roblox Studio, but we’ll help you understand why it happens and how to fix it.
What Causes “Failed To Create Key For RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe Elevation Policy” Error?
The “Failed to create key for RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe elevation policy: Access is denied” error happens because there’s trouble making a special code for how Roblox Studio works.
This can be because your computer doesn’t have enough special powers, like when you’re not the main boss of the computer settings.
Sometimes, antivirus or security programs can also mess things up by stopping Roblox Studio from doing its job.
Luckily, we were able to find some workarounds that might help you fix this issue.
If these workarounds do not resolve the problem, it is recommended that you contact the support team for further assistance.
How To Fix “Failed To Create Key For RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe Elevation Policy” Error?
Below are several potential solutions to address and resolve the “Failed to create key for RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe elevation policy: Access is denied” error:
1. Run As Administrator
When you see the “Failed to Create Key for RobloxStudioLauncherBeta.exe Elevation Policy” error, it usually means you’re missing some permissions.
Just run Roblox Studio as an administrator to fix this by giving it the right permissions.
Here are the steps to run an application as an administrator:
- Find the application shortcut.
- Right-click the shortcut.
- Choose “Run as administrator.”
- Confirm any User Account Control prompts.
- The application will launch with elevated privileges.
2. Modify Shortcuts And Executables
Common tasks include editing the shortcuts and executables associated with Roblox Studio to run with administrative privileges.
While this reduces bugs until the next update, it is considered a significant fix.
- Right-click on the Roblox Studio shortcut and select “Properties.”
- Click on the “Compatibility” tab at the top of the window.
- Check the box next to “Run this program as an administrator.”
- Click “Apply” and then “OK” to save your changes.
- Try launching Roblox Studio again to see if the issue has been resolved.
3. Temporarily Disable Firewall Or Antivirus
Try temporarily disabling the firewall or antivirus to check if this security application is causing this error.
To temporarily disable your antivirus software, locate the antivirus program on your computer, open its settings, and disable it.
To temporarily disable your firewall, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel.
- Search for “Windows Defender Firewall” or “Firewall.”
- Select the appropriate network profile.
- Choose the option to turn off the firewall for the selected profile.
- Save the changes and exit the settings.
4. Uninstall And Reinstall
If none of the above-mentioned solutions have worked for you, then try uninstalling Roblox from your device and then reinstalling it from the official website.
Here are the steps to uninstall and reinstall Robolx on Windows:
- Press the Windows key + “I” to open the Settings menu.
- Go to “Apps” or “Apps & features” in the Settings menu.
- In the search bar, type “Roblox” to locate the Roblox application.
- Once you find Roblox in the list, click on it to select it.
- Click on the three dots button, usually located next to the app’s name.
- From the dropdown menu, choose “Uninstall” to remove Roblox from your PC.
- Download the Roblox installation file from the official website.
- Once the download is complete, locate the file and run it to install Roblox on your PC.
5. Contact Robolx Support
If the issue continues even after running as an administrator, it’s a good idea to contact Roblox support for more help.
They’re experts who can find and fix the real problem.