Are you getting “hosting is temporarily restricted” error in Dead Island 2?
Dead Island 2 is an exciting first-person shooter game that allows players to team up with friends in co-op mode to fight off hordes of zombies.
However, players using base Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles have encountered a temporary roadblock – hosting restrictions due to the game’s graphic requirements.
In this blog post, I will explore some workarounds that will help you join co-op sessions or fixing hosting is temporarily restricted error and enjoy the thrilling action with friends, even if you can’t host a session yourself.
Why Is Dead Island 2 Saying Hosting Is Temporarily Restricted
Dead Island 2 hosting is temporarily restricted on base Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles because of the game’s graphic requirements.
The developer, Dambuster Studios, has determined that in order to provide an optimal gaming experience with the desired performance and visuals, the host must play on either the latest generation console (PlayStation 5/Xbox Series X S) or one of the Generation 8+ consoles (PlayStation 4 Pro/Xbox One X).
This restriction is in place to ensure that co-op sessions run smoothly and provide an enjoyable experience for all players involved.
How To Fix Dead Island 2 Hosting Is Temporarily Restricted
To fix the “Dead Island 2 hosting is temporarily restricted” issue for base Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users, you will need to wait for an update from Dambuster Studios.
They are working on a solution that will eventually allow all players, regardless of their console, to host a co-op session in the game.
However, there is no specific timeframe for when this update will be available.
In the meantime, base Xbox One and PlayStation 4 users can still join co-op sessions hosted by other players with more recent consoles (PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 Pro, Xbox Series X S, or Xbox One X) within the same console family.
This workaround allows these users to enjoy co-op gameplay while waiting for a more permanent solution from the developers.
Below are all the ways you can play co-op sessions(you can also play solo if you want):
- If you’re a PC gamer, you can have others join you or join other PC co-op sessions.
- If you’re an Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One X user, other Xbox Series X|S or Xbox One|S|X players can join you. You can also join other Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One X co-op sessions.
- If you’re a PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 4 Pro user, other PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 4|Pro players can join you. You can also join other PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4 Pro co-op sessions.
- If you’re an Xbox One|S user, you can join Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One X co-op sessions.
- If you’re a PlayStation 4 user, you can join PlayStation 5 or PlayStation 4 Pro co-op sessions.