Are you also unable to stream any titles on Crunchyroll?
And later on, it’s saying “Error code 2004”.
As per the update, there is not much information available on the Crunchyroll error code 2004.
And are you also facing the same issue?
Many are encountering this issue which is causing trouble in the minds of the users.
What is Error Code 2004 on Crunchyroll?
There are possibilities that the error code 2004 is associated with issues related to slow or unstable network connection.
However, we are unable to find any specific suggestions related to error code 2004.
If you are getting this error then it could be the result of some bug in the recent software updates.
So, we can assume that this may be a temporary error that should be fixed after trying common workarounds.
In this guide, we will discuss what causes Error Code 2004 on Crunchyroll and how to fix Error Code 2004 on Crunchyroll.
What Causes Crunchyroll Error Code 2004?
Mainly there is not specific reason mentioned that why this error is coming on Crunchyroll.
But it could be a low internet connection or some temporary bug.
We have listed below some of the most common reasons.
These are as follows:
- First of all, if you have having slow or improper internet connection, then there are possibilities that you may be getting the error code 2004 on Crunchyroll.
- In case, you have not updated the Crunchyroll for a very long period of time, and you are using the old or outdated version, then the above issue may arise.
- If there are some bugs or glitches in Crunchyroll, or maybe if the Crunchyroll server is down. Then due to technical glitches, you might face this issue.
- Sometimes errors happen when your device’s clock is not correctly set. Therefore, incorrect date and time could lead to Crunchyroll error code 2004.
- If there are some temporary files or corrupted data it could lead to insufficient storage space causing the error message to pop up.
- Sometimes a VPN or proxy service may interfere with Crunchyroll’s ability to authenticate your location and lead to Error code 2004.
These could be some of the causes of the Crunchyroll Error Code 2004.
You can fix the error by taking a few measures.
So stay with us because below we have mentioned some of the major fixes that can fix the issue.
How To Fix Crunchyroll Error Code 2004?
1. Check Your Network Connection
First of all, you need to make sure that your internet is working with good speed.
All you can do is just try using other apps on your device.
If they work properly, then the issue is not caused by an internet connection, the error is something else.
But in case the other apps or websites also stop working, then the error is definitely caused by a weak or improper internet connection.
Try switching off mobile data and switching to a Wi-Fi network instead.
It is also needed that the Wi-Fi is placed near the device for better signal strength.
While experiencing a slow or no internet connection, it is suggested to reboot the Wi-Fi router.
It depends on the internet usage and how often it is needed to reboot our Wi-Fi router.
These are the steps to follow in restarting the Wi-Fi router:
- Simply switch off the router and unplug it from all the devices and power supply.
- Wait for 3 minutes and then plug it in again.
- Now wait for the signal to come back and connect to the internet through it.
Ensure that you have a stable and strong internet connection and adequate speed.
If you have a strong internet connection then it’ll boost the performance of the app and help in removing the glitches.
You can check your internet speed by clicking here.
2. Restart Your Device
If your internet connection is all good, then this is one of the simplest methods you can try.
It is just restarting your device.
Restarting your device is a simple and effective way to address various performance.
It’s a good practice to restart your devices periodically, especially if you notice any unusual behavior or performance degradation.
In this case, all you need to do is just give a fresh restart to your device by simply power cycling it.
Just power off your device.
Then wait for a few minutes and then restart it again.
Relaunch Crunchyroll and check whether the error still persists or not.
3. Uninstall And Reinstall The Crunchyroll App
If you have proper internet connectivity and also restarting your device does not work for you.
Then in this case you can try another simple method which is uninstalling and reinstalling the Crunchyroll app.
Many times there is a bug arises in the application which could stop the app from streaming the videos and continue to show the error message.
Therefore, try uninstalling and reinstalling the app which will delete all corrupted files and ensure proper connectivity and smooth functioning of the application.
4. Disable VPN Or Proxy Servers
If your VPN (Virtual Private Network) or proxy server is active, then it may interfere with Crunchyroll’s ability to authenticate your location and lead to Error code 2004.
In such cases, you need to temporarily disable your VPN or proxy server.
Below here are the steps to disable VPN:
Steps to disable VPN on iOS (iPhone or iPad):
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on VPN.
- Toggle the switch next to the VPN connection to turn it off.
Steps to disable VPN on Android:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on Network & Internet > VPN.
- Tap on the VPN connection, then toggle the switch to turn it off.
5. Check Your System’s Date And Time Settings
Sometimes errors happen when your device’s clock is not correctly set.
Therefore, incorrect date and time could lead to Crunchyroll error code 2004.
To check your system’s date and time settings follow these simple steps:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap Time and Language.
- Then select Date and Time.
- Switch on the option by which your system will automatically set the date and time.
6. Clear Crunchyroll App Cache
If there are some temporary files or corrupted data it could lead to insufficient storage space causing the error message to pop up.
It is thus important to do regular checks on all hardware and software to determine whether or not there is an excess of extra storage space.
Below are the steps to delete the Crunchyroll app history and cache:
Clearing the Cache on Android:
- Go to “Settings” on your Android device.
- Scroll down and select “Apps”.
- Find and tap on the “Crunchyroll” app.
- Then you will see options like “Storage” or “Storage & cache.” Tap on it.
- Look for the “Clear cache” button and tap on it to clear the app’s cache.
Clearing the Cache on iOS (iPhone/iPad):
- Go to the home screen of your iOS device.
- Find and tap on the “Settings” app.
- Scroll down and select “General.”
- Next, tap on “iPhone Storage”.
- Locate and tap on the “Crunchyroll” app from the list of installed apps.
- On the app’s storage screen, you should see an option to “Offload App”.
- Click on it. And then by following the above steps, it will clear the cache from the Crunchyroll app.
7. Update The Crunchyroll App To The Latest Version
App updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements that address issues like Error Code 2004.
Using an old or outdated version of the Crunchyroll application will cause other related issues.
Also using the old or outdated version of the app leads to slow functioning which hints at pending updates of your application.
Therefore it becomes very important to check for any recent changes to ensure the apps’ smooth functioning.
For Android, go to “Google Play” > “My Games & Apps” > “Crunchyroll”.
If you can find the “Update” button, tap it, and then, you’ll get the latest version of the app.
For iPhone, go to “App Store” > “Crunchyroll”.
If you can find the Update button, tap it, and then, you’ll get the latest version of the app.
8. Contact Crunchyroll Support Through Social Media
After trying the above-mentioned fixes if you are still facing any difficulty in resolving the issue then another way to fix this error code is to call Crunchyroll support directly.
If the technical executives sitting there are well aware of this error code in a particular region, then they will inform accordingly.
If they find the problem only reported on your system, then they will diagnose it accordingly.
You can visit their social account given on the website, then you can drop your query there on the page.