Apple Pay is a service that allows users to send money directly within the Wallet app on their iOS device. The wallet can be found on iPhones and iPads running iOS 8 or later, as well as Apple Watches running watchOS 2 or later.
Once set up, users can quickly transfer funds without having to enter additional information like account details, recipient email, or an amount.
The removed friction of sending money makes it suitable for quick transactions like splitting a bill at a restaurant or reimbursing your roommate on the go.
How To Send Money Via Apple Pay in the Messages App?
There are multiple ways to send and even receive money via Apple Pay. Those are as follows:
Note: You must have Apple Cash or a debit card added to your Apple Pay App.
Sending Money Via Apple Pay At Messages App Using iPhone or iPad
- Open your messaging app, then start a conversation to whom you want to send money.
- Select “Apple Pay” from the messaging search bar.
- Type the amount you would like to send.
- Choose “Pay,” and then review the payment and send.
- You will then have to verify your apple device security lock either face ID or touch ID or passcode.
Note: To send payments via Apple Pay, you first have to ensure setting up Apple Pay wallet completely. Moreover, to receive the payments, that person has to accept the payment request sent by you.
How to Send Money on Apple Pay Via Apple Watch?
More or less, the procedure of sending payment in messages using the Apple Watch is quite similar to the iPhone.
- You will first have to open the messages app on your apple watch.
- Tab a running conversation.
- Choose “Apple Pay,” or App Store if unable to see Apple Pay.
- On your watch, you will have to use the minus or plus signs to fix the amount you want to send.
- Click “Pay,” and move ahead if you are good to go.
- To complete your payment on your watch, you need to double-click the side button.
“Ask Siri” to Send Payments Using Apple Pay
Siri is an honest friend of iPhone users. So even to send payments using Apple Pay, you ask Siri. You can use this service on both of your Apple devices, iPhone or Apple Watch.
Say, “Hey Siri, and then say the amount you want to send and the name of the person whom you want to send.” Then tell her the mode of payment i.e. Apple Pay.
It is extremely easy to use Apple Pay to send payments to merchants, friends, family, and wherever you would like to.
You just need to ensure having an Apple Pay Wallet fully set up. You can follow the above-mentioned steps to send money via Apple Pay.